News from fxpansion >GEIST 2<

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Geist

Amberience wrote:
We've got some really cool stuff going into Geist 2. Transmod is one of them, but there are other features that I think people will like too. Someone criticised the browsing experience earlier - one thing that will help is our 'browser tracks locations' feature... essentially each pad can remember it's last location. Really useful if you're like me and you categorise your samples on disk in terms of kicks, snares, hats, sound effects, drones, etc....

Also I suppose since it is in a screenshot already, but the selectable pattern-lane-lengths from Tremor will be in Geist 2.0 as well.

Loads of fun! :tu:
Big plus on the selectable pattern lane lengths! :love:

pdxindy wrote: Big plus on the selectable pattern lane lengths! :love:
Erm... unless it means there's no pattern drag and drop to the DAW, like in Tremor.

Could you comment on that Drew?

RichN wrote:
Erm... unless it means there's no pattern drag and drop to the DAW, like in Tremor.

There are a few ideas lurking around. One of which I am partial to, is to calculate on the fly the longest possible loop length before the pattern lanes re-sync, and give that as the draggable audio and or midi.

What do people think? Would you prefer something different?
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Amberience wrote:
RichN wrote:

There are a few ideas lurking around. One of which I am partial to, is to calculate on the fly the longest possible loop length before the pattern lanes re-sync, and give that as the draggable audio and or midi.

I like that idea... of course some could then be extremely long.

I'd also like an option so when I drag a pattern, each lane splits out into a separate track. Particularly handy for Live and Bitwig to drag into the Session/Launcher and have each lane be a clip.

pdxindy wrote:
I'd also like an option so when I drag a pattern, each lane splits out into a separate track. Particularly handy for Live and Bitwig to drag into the Session/Launcher and have each lane be a clip.
I personally would prefer this, if it's possible.

I'd like to be able to load a vsti into an engine for sequencing if possible (wishful thinking). I like what you guys are doing with this. I'll be upgrading.

Oh yeah, I only have one vst on my laptop and that's geist. Due to the vst wrapping I can't get rid of it. Will the next version be a wrapper as well? cause it's a peeve I have. Hate looking at one little vst.

Nvm... happy updating... :phones:
Last edited by transverb on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Yeah Butch tell Paul McCartney what to do..." - Dave Grohl, Sound City

:D 8)

A few FX requests from me

- Multi-band compression
- Peak limiter
- Expanded parametric EQ (5 bands?)

Also I'd like to see the slew function from Tremor implemented in the automation lanes.
Screen Shot 2015-10-13 at 10.45.47 PM.png
Can't wait to see what this update brings to the table!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:borg:

i would integrate complete Tremor with a much bether synth engine.
Bether Native Instriments Maschine integration.
Bether Browser.
Bether Pattern import / export from DAW.
More FX to deforme / filter / glitch and stutter arangements

sacer wrote:i would integrate complete Tremor with a much bether synth engine.
Better Browser.
Better Pattern import / export from DAW.
More FX to deforme / filter / glitch and stutter arangements
These! Plus:
-improved importing and exporting MIDI files
-best elements of Spark2 sound manipulating
-improved, more intuitive easy-to-use pattern/sound building tools

Amberience wrote:
RichN wrote:

Great idea. You can always cut them up in the DAW afterwards, if necessary.

- Alternative GUI colors, at least one theme from Tremor, that is quite nice.

V0RT3X wrote:Also I'd like to see the slew function from Tremor implemented in the automation lanes.!
Ideally a different slew amount or even shape for every step, a bit like the performer designer in Massive.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

This request is actually for Tremor, but it would be great if we could export the graph transmod data out to Midi CC too. And being able to use it to tune the synth engines precisely with actual semitone steps would be useful. It's kind of a pain to tune them step by step exactly with the graph transmod sequencer. A lot of trial by fire for me, personally. Unless anyone else has any ideas?

Return to “Instruments”