Omnisphere and high frequency distortion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is something I have noticed for a while which has bugged me, I'm hoping to find a solution today!

I use Omnisphere in pretty much all of my tracks, it's my goto synth for the most part. I understand that there are issues with it playing a little too loud out of the box, a little less gain in the master panel is sometimes needed.

One of the things I can't seem to get around though is the high frequency distortion (at least that's what I think it is) on certain sounds.

I've tried cutting frequencies here and there but it doesn't seem to help unless I either play the sound really soft or cut off EVERYTHING above like 1k. If you happen to have Omsnisphere, the patch is called Exhaltation - I can't load an mp3 sample in the forum unfortunately.

It may not be distortion, it could be phasing issues?

Either way, can I get rid of this high frequency distortion?

Just checked on my system here and I'm not hearing any high frequency distortion or phasing issues. The sound source for that patch does make use of recording parts on an old electro-harmonix 8-bit delay and slowing them down/speeding them up... but even the "character" that would be captured/imparted in the source still doesn't sound like what you are describing.

Have you reached out to the support dept? They would be able to go over your setup and help get to the bottom of things.

info@spectrasonics.net

Do you have tinnitus?
I do. I once had a limiter going on when I was mangling sounds and had some signal boosted absurdly - but it was all caught by the limiter, and I heard aliasing, apparently, and was amazed. It sounded almost identical to the tinnitus I have.

My tinnitus is digital filter aliasing. We are in the Matrix?

Or Omnisphere has some noisy stuff going on. Yes, sometimes I hear harshness and can't figure out where it is.

Return to “Instruments”