Curve 2.6 Public Beta - New editing features

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Curve

Just as with VolumeShaper 4, also our synth Curve 2.6 is in public beta now.

It's all about workflow here too, with a new steps tool (which is especially great for creating melodies), with the option to resize the wave area, and better visibility for waveform points - to name the most important changes.

For a video on the changes and for tips about wave editing and for a showcase of "drawing" melodies, see this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCdbyrO5v4

The changes are pretty big under the hood. We did lots of testing, plus a lot of automated tests. But still, we cannot test on all systems, so we'd be glad if you can help us beta-test and let us know if there are any issues. Besides that, we're also glad for constructive feedback, positive or negative. And feature wishes are always welcome.

We've just updated to beta version 2:
Download the beta version (demo version) (Win + Mac in 32 and 64bit for VST and AU).

If you already own Curve 2, you can log in to your account and download the latest beta from there.

Thanks to all!
Last edited by Jakob / Cableguys on Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

One of my favorite synths.
Downloading.... Thanks!
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

My first findings:

Still not possible to hold a note by pressing Sustain Pedal a.k.a. Sustain Pedal support . . :(

A shortcut to go to next/previous preset (like up/down) would be very welcome ...

When going thru preset list (library) the inital tag value is not visible in the list. It gets overriden by 'Untagged'

Plugin displays version 2.5

"Kids! Get off my lawn!"

zxant wrote: 
My first findings:

Still not possible to hold a note by pressing Sustain Pedal a.k.a. Sustain Pedal support . . :(
Yes, on the wish list though..
zxant wrote: shortcut to go to next/previous preset (like up/down) would be very welcome ...
The problem with key commands is that the DAW gets all the keys.. we'd have to "steal" them from the DAW, which would maybe be a bad choice (some DAWs, Sonar in particular, allow the user to configure if the plugin or the DAW should get the key commands, but it's not a standard..)
zxant wrote:When going thru preset list (library) the inital tag value is not visible in the list. It gets overriden by 'Untagged'
That's intended. You normally see the tag that is given by the community or by our preset designers, but you can override them. If you for example think that a certain bass sound is more likely a lead sound, you can mouse-over the preset-line. It shows "Untagged" then as this is your own categorization for the sound, and you're able to edit it.
zxant wrote:Plugin displays version 2.5 
Yes..

And: Thank you very much for your feedback!

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
zxant wrote: shortcut to go to next/previous preset (like up/down) would be very welcome ...
The problem with key commands is that the DAW gets all the keys.. we'd have to "steal" them from the DAW, which would maybe be a bad choice (some DAWs, Sonar in particular, allow the user to configure if the plugin or the DAW should get the key commands, but it's not a standard..)
Well I still hope you will research the possibility, as going thru presets is now rather awkward (only a very tiny arrow to click on or double-click in library list :( )
Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
zxant wrote:When going thru preset list (library) the initial tag value is not visible in the list. It gets overriden by 'Untagged'
That's intended. You normally see the tag that is given by the community or by our preset designers, but you can override them. If you for example think that a certain bass sound is more likely a lead sound, you can mouse-over the preset-line. It shows "Untagged" then as this is your own categorization for the sound, and you're able to edit it.
Well I'm sorry but I don't like that. I'd like to see the categorisation first ...

"Kids! Get off my lawn!"

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
zxant wrote:When going thru preset list (library) the initial tag value is not visible in the list. It gets overriden by 'Untagged'
Well I'm sorry but I don't like that. I'd like to see the categorisation first ...[/quote]
This gives me an idea.. maybe we just show the menu for tagging when you move your mouse over the tag text. Could work, I'll give it a try in a bit.

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:This gives me an idea.. maybe we just show the menu for tagging when you move your mouse over the tag text. Could work, I'll give it a try in a bit.

That might work, we'll see.
Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
My thought about that: I think we really lost something with newer synths with only built-in preset browsers that don't show their presets to the host anymore. So one cannot use the shortcuts of the host to browse thru presets (and thus imo. the plugin needs an 'internal' shortcut ... :shrug:)

And finally: a synth that is capable of complex modulations and long evolving soundscapes simply deserves Sustain Pedal support ...!! (It bugs me no end that this isn't possible in Curve. It's the only thing that puts it down for me ...)

"Kids! Get off my lawn!"

The new beta, version 2, is out now:
Download the beta version (demo version) (Win + Mac in 32 and 64bit for VST and AU).

If you already own Curve 2, you can log in to your account and download the latest beta from there.

This beta adds two additional buttons for waveform editing (which had been before in the waveform's right-click menu).

Any chance for oscillators to get on/off switches?

zyguli wrote:Any chance for oscillators to get on/off switches?
It would be very useful, indeed. On the other hand it would add more stuff to the UI.. But we'll definitely do it for Curve 3.

Just started playing around with this today. First impressions are very positive. Seems to be CPU friendly too which is a plus for someone like me who has a less than stellar computer. Can't believe I somehow overlooked this little jewel.

my biggest feature request would be a less "loopy" noise-source... please!?

A new beta (beta 3) is up now. This includes a fix for the help texts (on Mac they could easily stop scrolling).

And - per user request - when you push the random button for creating some random waveform, the points now snap to the grid, if snapping is activated. This is especially nice if you have a note grid enabled and route the waveform to pitch.

Return to “Instruments”