64 Bit VSTi version of XT 1.4 ?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I loved using the VSTi version of Energy XT 1.4 with it's Arp/Seq, Chords etc etc. Sadly over the years it has become unstable at best and unusable at worst in various DAWS. Would there be any chance of getting an updated 64 bit version ? I think it would be an awesome tool ! :)

By the way where does 1.4 store it's registry entries ? I don't see any XT or Energy entries but I just re-installed 1.4 on my C drive and it remembered what skin I was using when it was installed on my D drive. It also remembered the last project I had saved with it. I don't see a config .ini or .txt either. Just curious.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Would there be any chance of getting an updated 64 bit version ?
Hope springs eternal.
Teksonik wrote: By the way where does 1.4 store it's registry entries ? I don't see any XT or Energy entries but I just re-installed 1.4 on my C drive and it remembered what skin I was using when it was installed on my D drive. It also remembered the last project I had saved with it. I don't see a config .ini or .txt either. Just curious.
IIRC an .ini file was stored in the windows directory which you had to grant your regular user access permission to or changes wouldn't be stored; or otherwise you'd have to run it as administrator.

[edit] nvm [/edit]

XT 1.4 x64 is never going to happen, not sure Jorgen is capable of X64 development, he has just released another new plugin that is x32 only.
Duh

Jorgen was one of the best developers in the early days of softsynths. Machine II was (is) brilliant and XT version 1.4 was an amazing piece of software. I don't know what happened. XT 2 just seemed like a step backwards. I haven't tried Machine 3 yet but finding out it's 32 bit only is a disappointment and a surprise especially considering there is a Mac version. I don't know how much longer 32 bit only plugins will be financially viable........and no I don't use Bit Bridges. :?

Anyway I would pay for a stable 64 bit version of Energy XT 1.4
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The entire world would pay for a stable x64 version of 1.4, ignore that joke that is v2/3 it's nothing but an excuse for its former self.
Duh

Am I correct in assuming that Energy XT v2.7 doesn't support 64-bit VST instruments and effects?
I just frikking bought a license because the initial test with 2.7 reminded me what a quick and easy DAW Energy XT was and it never occurred to me that it WOULDN'T host 64-bit VSTs.
rrrc.bandcamp.com||bandcamp.com/blatanville
"ALL YOUR CUBASE ARE BELONG TO REAPER" - 5.1 Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:17 pm
i9-10900CF|32GB|Nvidia RTX3060Ti|Win 11|REAPER|FLStudio|more plugins than I've had hot meals

You're right. It's a 32bit application, so only 32bit plugins will work.

Yes, correct, XT v2.7 doesn't support hosting of 64-bit instruments/effects.
But you may see it as advantage, since for 95% (roughly estimated, no real facts behind it!) of plugins really never need what 64-bitness offers as only advantage, which namely is addressing single files bigger than 3 or 4 GB or requiring memory of that size. Other than that, they just require more memory than their 32-bit counterparts because of architecture.
That said, nearly all VST instruments/effects are (still) available as 32 bit versions.
Hope you come to enjoy that really nice workflow with energyXT.

thank you both for confirming.

the only pain in the ass is that I have NOT been installing the 32 bit versions of my VST as they update, because my main DAW, REAPER, deals very nicely with 64 bit plugs. So, now I'm back reinstalling 32 bit versions...
rrrc.bandcamp.com||bandcamp.com/blatanville
"ALL YOUR CUBASE ARE BELONG TO REAPER" - 5.1 Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:17 pm
i9-10900CF|32GB|Nvidia RTX3060Ti|Win 11|REAPER|FLStudio|more plugins than I've had hot meals

Return to “energyXT”