Track Delay Setting Purpose

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDh2B9eyB6c

I watched this video and I'm just wondering why you need to set your midi track -50ms?

Thanks

because after a pick strokes a string, it takes around 50ms to get the string really vibrating. We preserve the moment of the stroke, otherwise it will sound like piano.

OK, so it's not a workaround for some slow chord detection code or anything like that? I haven't seen any other guitar products require this, so I'm kind of sceptical.

Yes this is our new design. each VI has its own features. you will find more Ample Guitar features which other guitar VIs don't have.

Is -50ms more of a guideline that an exact value? When I set it for that value, I found it to feel a bit rushed. When I bounced it in place, I did indeed find that the hit points were a bit ahead of the groove. After some experimenting, I found that -30ms seemed to work best.

MacBook Pro 2010
OSX Yosemite (Latest)
Logic Pro X (Latest)

If you set Start knob to 0, the track delay just should be -50ms

Does the -50ms also apply if you are using muted strings versus sustained strings?

@Grimrocker, yes for all articulations.

That delay is so essential! I need the quick "piano" response when recording, but for playback, I need to hear the string stroke before the note rings. It makes a huge difference when aiming for sonic authenticity.
Laptop Win11 Home 16" Asus ProArt i7-12700H 64GB RAM RTX 3060
Desktop Win11 Pro Aorus X570s Pro AX AMD 5900x 128GB Ram RTX 3060

Return to “Ample Sound”