RC as VST. Chord Progresion - (No preview sound in Any DAW). Any special settings?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

- If in standalone version (Right or left click on the chord symbol) we search a chord in Chord progression, we hear the chord right away via MIDI out or SF2, depending specific settings.
- In the VSTi version - in any DAW, Sonar, Samplitude, etc, to hear a chord I am forced to click on the Chords in Composition tab. Chord progression do not send any MIDI Data toward a sound module, Vsti, etc.

Is there any settings I miss anywhere in the settings tab or somewhere else? In this way it takes forever till I can find the appropriate chord, and finally I give up.

yes i can confirm that
RC Vst Chord preview seems broken
RC 2.92b5 x64 Reaper 5 x64 windows 7 x64
its also same in FLStudio 12 x64.

Are you sure you set up the chord preview under Settings / Preview?
Remember, you need to do that FOR EACH COMPOSITION (in VST mode only) because the connection to host channels is unique in every composition, so there exist no 'global' chord/scale preview settings.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

actually i am not using VST version since long time ...
just for testing i have tried every combinations that i can think
re select / switch out channels under settings,
add multiple tracks and use Active Track etc.
if i didn't miss something obvious...no luck.

Under Sonar, Samplitude

- Settings - Preview - Instruments - MIDI VST-out

But there is no effective MIDI Data sent. The only MIDI data sent is by clinking a phrase in Composition Tab. (It send MIDI data twice actually, by pressing and my releasing the mouse, what it is a kind of disturbing, but we can live with this)

Otherwise, there is no sound out of RC in my DAWs, except playing it, of course (play function).

Why I insist on this VST usage?
1. Because is much easier to have 20 audio tracks along with RC
2. RC seems to be really slow with an audio track on small or slow laptops
3. Windows is not the beset media to work audio on. If I need more then 2 or 3 audio software on a PC... it is a problem (and I work under windows from the windows 3.1 era...). Windows is a Huge collection of patches. Asio? Hm... native, 3 software on the same asio.. Problematic. Asio emulated? ASIO for All, good solution, but if you have opened YouTube or who knows what other audio source, you can fight to hear something. Open close DAWs, software... you have to be quite a little genius. But under a sinlge hut, in a DAW, the things become more clear and relative simpler, not like in mac, of course, but RC is there near.

So, if you have a project, let's say Reaper, or Ableton because it is quite versatile, or Sonar, test it and share it for a proper conclusion. (I think is not really a big deal what DAW it is. The principle is almost the same.) Or post for us some pictures with your successes, with some arrows to point for the important things we miss.

Anyhow, RC is quite a genial approach.

Strange, I have just tried this with the latest version and also with v2.92b5 x64 with Reaper, and chord preview worked well. It worked everywhere, in the Chord Palette, chord suggestions popup, phrase editor, progression editor. :shrug:

You need to make sure these settings are right:

Thanks,
Attila

this is strange i tried with exact same settings but still no audition

Hm.. Still no solution, at least for me, on 3 PC. Reaper, Samplitude, Sonar, no difference. Asio, Asio for all, WDM, no sound in progression editor or phrase editor (piano roll too)....

Working fine here with Reaper 5.11 x86 and RC 3.0b9 x86 on Win 10 x64.

Yes, chord preview in the VST plug-in was fixed recently. This is a mystery, I just can't find an explanation why it worked with v2.92b5 when I tried.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”