Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

Im unable to send midi out for preview with loopbe. any ideas?

Check your routings to be absolutely sure you are properly connected. I am 99.99% certain you will find incorrect routing. It can get quite confusing sometimes.

Only other reason I can think of is if loopBe crashed. Can happen if you route to and from the same port. You need to set up more ports if you want to route to and from the same device....out port 1, in port 2, for example. At the other end, out port 2, in port 1.

HTH
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

its really weird because it was workng. rebooted checked loopbe. i also checked in plogue bidule using the midi monitor and its getting no signal from rapidcomposer. i am using the first 01 internal midi out for preview have tried the other ports and nothing.

Can you describe your set-up? What are you sending to?

Have you made sure your track (RC) is set to MIDI out?

Have you enabled the device to receive MIDI from RC?

If something is not getting a signal generally it is due to incorrect routing between devices.

To insure loopBe is working, have you tried using it on something else? Also, if you are using it in another program at the same time that may be a problem.

If you are using RC as a VST I won't be able to help much as I only use RC stand alone.
My DAW System:

Hi revorg1,

please check which MIDI device is set in RapidComposer (Settings / MIDI, should be the loopbe port name) and if you are using the default output device for the tracks. Please make sure you select a "General MIDI" instrument for your tracks because only that is sent to the MIDI output device.
You may try to create another virtual port in loopbe, and start RC to use that port.
I am sure you have tried everything, I just cannot imagine what the problem could be.

Thank you, dsan for the replies, really appreciated.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Ok. was able to get it working. Added some more ports with loopbe even though i wasnt using the ones i had. Still not sure why i wasnt getting a signal but its working now. thank you guys for the help.

Hi everyone,
I am new to RC and am currently only running the demo-version. I like it a lot and plan on purchasing the one of the paid versions.

However, before I do that, I would like to iron out a few problems that I am experiencing (under OS 10.11.1): It starts when I click the RC-icon to get it started. Normally, I expect programs to open up then by themselves. In the case of RC, however, nothing seems to happen and I need to hold-click on its icon again and select the top entry of that list, which is now appearing. Only then I get into the program.

But that’s just a minor thing, now that I found out how to do it. What’s much more problematic: I can’t open the Chord Selector window. I spent hours looking for what I am doing wrong, until I realized, that only when I close RC, I see the Chord selector for a second, floating left to the main program screen. But then RC closes down and it’s gone. So it is obvious, that after right-clicking on a chord below the timeline, the Chord Selector window is somewhere - it just doesn’t show.

A third problem is, that when I want to preview the chords in the window with the chord suggestions, I hear no sound. (But I do hear sound, when I’m starting the sequencer).

I also tried to run RC as a VST-plugin in Ableton. I dragged the plugin to some empty midi-channel, expecting to then see RC's GUI. But all I got was one of Ableton's little device-windows, with a X/Y-pad, but I found no way to get to RC's interface. Is this another but or am I doing something wrong here?

Does this all have to do with Apple’s new OS El Capitan? Should I just wait, until there is an update to fix these mistakes? Or has anyone else had these problems and found a way to solve them?

Best regards, and my compliments for this obviously great program. I trust that my initial problems will soon be gone.

Best regards,

Thomas

P.S.: Since I am running Windows, too, on the same Mac, I downloaded RC' Windows version. There, the Chord Selector window opens up alright, and the sounds are coming, too. So, it's definitely a bug on the Mac side.

It seems El Capitan is turning out to be the Windows Vista for the Mac. A lot of once working software is having its share of problems under El Capitan.

Since the Windows version of RC is working for you, at least you will be able to put it through its paces.

In the meantime, Apple can go to work on El General or El Jeffe. Maybe they can come up with a working solution soon.

I'm sure you will enjoy RC Nextom :tu:

Cheers!
dsan
My DAW System:

Hello Thomas,

thank you for the feedback.
Due to a hardware failure recently I had to get a new MacBook Pro and moved all development (from 10.7) to 10.10. I have not yet upgraded to 10.11, because I will stay on 10.10, but I will shortly install it on another partition so that I can check these issues.

I have checked the reported problems on 10.10 and everything worked perfectly, so I suppose Apple changed something for 10.11 that broke compatibility with older applications. I do hope that Apple will release an update that will make things work better, but I will also investigate and fix things. (EDIT: 10.11.1 is already available)

I plan to release the first v3 beta version later this week for Windows, and a few days later for OS X. It will include all the fixes that were added after v2.91 (see http://www.musicdevelopments.com/beta.xml) and due to optimizations the UI will be faster in v3.

Thank you!
Best regards,
Attila

How is the v3 beta version coming along? :-)

pumafred wrote:How is the v3 beta version coming along? :-)
Good question. It should have been uploaded already, but I decided to add another new feature, so I need another 2-3 days. It will be available on this Saturday or sooner, and a new topic will be created for discussing the beta version.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi,
normally i am using limit note range variation to the keep chord voicing in one octave.
i get this when i use magnet ( apply whole arrangement or lines parts... same result)
just out of curiosity is this is normal/expected behavior?

Hi yellukhan,

yes, this is the expected behavior.
Chord magnet takes the previous master track chord and finds a transposition and inversion for the next chord, so that the note distances will be minimal. Maybe it would make sense to specify a lowest and highest note for chords. (Added now to the to-do list)

Thanks,
Attila

Thank you Attila :tu:

Return to “MusicDevelopments”