Patchwork - ability to sort plugins?

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm demoing patchwork right now, and I LOVE the undo/redo settings, as well as the quick mix knob - Though I do wish this mix knob was available per plugin (at least on the pre and post sections as I can kind of make it work in the parallel chains section).

My only real gripe so far is the way it loads plugins, which is kind of important for a plugin host. Having to manually click from a list of unorganized AU components directly from the hard drive is very frustrating. Is there any ability to sort my plugin list in Patchwork? Bidule for example, automatically organizes all AU plugins by vendor, while of course full blown daws like Logic and Cubase allow you to organize them in anyway you want. Or at least have a way to filter plugins by name ala cubase. i.e. if I start typing Amp I automatically see any plugin with amp in the name - makes loading plugins way easier!

Are there any development plans on making the plugin loading process easier? If so I'll purchase it today as cubase limits you to 6 prefader inserts, a plugin like this is a necessity.
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

+1
I am also demoing and would like to select a 'Patchwork' group of plugins for quick navigation.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Yeah, I'm finding the whole plugin loading experience to be very frustrating, so much so that I don't think I'm going to purchase at this time. Takes me way too long to scroll through all the AU / VST plugins to find the one I'm looking for. Though it seems to open with a typical mac OSX search field, when I type say Maudio for Meldas MautoDynamicEQ, it never finds it. In fact, I cannot get that search to find anything, where the normal finder search works fine. Odd.

Plugin loading is much quicker in Bidule as they are at least organized automatically by vendor, so I can go straight to Melda -> MAutoDynamicEQ. The thing that slows down Bidule though is having to manually connect the ins & outs for each plugin, plus latency if necessary. But I'm faster at connecting these cables then I am at reading through my huge plugin list. :)

how are other users dealign with this issue? Do you just know that using Patchwork will take you longer to load plugins initially and deal with the frustration? Perhaps you save your own presets? The problem is every mix is different so I rarely use the same chain of effects all the time.
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

Hi,

a quick insert menu is indeed a feature that we will probably add in the future. However, it is already possible to create your own classification on Windows and Mac using shortcuts, as shown in the following tutorials. You can even add your own icons and thumbnails for each plug-in, as you can see below.
- Organize your Plug-Ins on Mac
- Custom Plug-Ins browser with icons on Mac
- Organize VST plug-ins on Windows

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Hi,

a quick insert menu is indeed a feature that we will probably add in the future. However, it is already possible to create your own classification on Windows and Mac using shortcuts, as shown in the following tutorials. You can even add your own icons and thumbnails for each plug-in, as you can see below.
- Organize your Plug-Ins on Mac
- Custom Plug-Ins browser with icons on Mac
- Organize VST plug-ins on Windows[/url]

Finally another host that does this:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... t=shortcut

can go on the old list. I've been posting about this method for years now, trying to get more devs on board.

Very cool! Thank you for the work around. I went ahead and purchased Patchwork. Besides the obvious advantages, as I was having issues with a VST plugin in Cubase constantly crashing when I closed the window, and actually running the AU inside Patchwork has allowed me to continue to use this plugin on my current project. :tu:

As for loading plugins, if your development team could somehow replicate the way Cubase loads plugins, specifically the ability to search for plugins by name and/or category, it would be AWESOME!! Though making my own aliases in custom folders will for sure help keep my plugins organized in Patchwork, the ability to just type "dim" in a search field in Cubase and my Dimension D shows up is incredibly convent.

I also think a mix knob per plugin would be great!!! the work around posted for organizing plugins is cool but takes too long. having the plugin menus open like most daws is what we really need

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”