Small, simple newbee project

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I have some mp3's that I want to add a short (1, 2 bar) drums countdown too (simple sticks sound or so). Very handy when rehearsing the song with you non-virtual :wink: instrument

I can load an MP3 into an new project. Then I need a source that does 1 bar countdown.
What is the way to do this?
If I use click track, it will go on for the whole song; that's not what I want.

Any help appreciated.

A click track can be set to a fixed number of lead-in bars in click track properties.
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Peter had the best suggestion. If you want and audio track for the click or count-in you can find some free loops here:

https://songmaven.com/music-downloads/c ... nloads.php

Thanks, the fix number sounds great. But as extra exercise I can try the loops as well. Never done that before.

Twostick

What I've done before as an "alternative" to the click track, is to create a 1- or 4-bar MIDI clip with a simple drumbeat; and then tracktion makes it easy to extend that to the full length of the track you want. Once you have one or two other instruments laid down on alternate tracks, then just delete this one; or mute it.

1-bar can be the simple kick/snare on 1/3 and 2/4. 4-bar, depending on the composition, allows you to "enhance" it somewhat to add a simple roll or cymbal crash to get a better feeling (if your composition is simple/rigid enough that fits).
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Finally found some time to continue...
Adjusting click track length; I thought this would be easy....

Under click track settings (properties?) there is no length. Only thing I can find is Pre-record count in. But that does not work during playback of an MP3 wich I want to enhance with countdown click.
Any thoughts?

Return to “Tracktion”