AGT - I need some Newbie Piano Roll input information

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello; I've searched the internet for this info with no luck. I have AGT and use it in Reaper. I have little knowledge of MIDI or the MIDI Piano Roll. All that I really want to do is find a simple 3/4 or 4/4 strum pattern that fits my song; import it into my Reaper song project - and then insert all the chord changes using the Reaper DAW's MIDI Piano Roll function. I love the sounds I get from AGT and have used the keyboard input with limited success on a few recordings - but I'd much more prefer to input chord changes using the precision of the piano roll. I am not a trained keyboard player and in the past few years I have developed nerve problems in my hands which limit my guitar playing to about 15 minutes out of every hour. That's not a very productive ratio! AGT is the first product I've found that can truly simulate a real acoustic guitar sound. I believe there's a lot more I can get out of my AGT - but finding this newbie info in a format that I understand is proving difficult. Is what I want to do possible with AGT? I've seen note and chord changes input in the piano roll with other VST-i software... Most of my stuff is simple 4/4 or 3/4 country-folk music. I can find no documentation that instructs newbies how to go about this, step by step (starting at a very basic step 1)... I've watched Reverend's videos and have picked up a few tips, but I have seen nothing regarding editing my chord changes entirely in the Reaper MIDI piano roll. All my attempts to do so have failed. Perhaps this is a Reaper MIDI Piano Roll setting problem - when I try to input a chord change the entire song makes the chord change, not just that bar or the bars that I want... If there's a suggested book or manual for "MIDI piano roll newbies" I'll buy it, I've watched all the YouTube Reaper MIDI tutorials, but find nothing relevant to AGT chord input. Help please! I believe there's so much more I can get from my AGT vst. Thank you in advance!

Thanks for asking, that is very simple to control AGT strummer in Reaper or other DAWs piano roll.

1. Turn Strummer on, and switch sample group to "Strum" which sounds better for strum.

2. Go back to main panel, you will find the color lines below the virtual keyboard, 24 notes in green line (C1 - B2) are chord notes. each note is for each chord on Strummer panel. e.g. play\write a D1 to switch to chord #3, play a E1 to switch to chord #5.

3. The Time Signature knob on the Strummer panel can change 3/4 or 4/4 etc.

4. Login and visit our download page :http://www.amplesound.net/en/download.asp
You could download many demo songs here, there are MIDI format which can be used in Reaper.

Thank you for the answer. I can get AGT to play - and as you suggested, by using the keyboard chord notes I can get the chords to change... However I cannot figiure out how to "write" a chord change into the Reaper Piano Roll... When I do that the entire AGT song changes to the new chord, not just the bars I want to change. I think maybe this is not so much an AGT issue - but rather a Reaper Piano Roll setup issue?? I'll try to find a Reaper "Piano Roll expert" to set me right on this... Again my goal is after selecting a strum pattern, to then write in the chord changes in the piano roll, not to play them on the keyboard. Again thank you for your patience and the quick response...

As we know, Reaper Pianoroll is not special. the Chord notes should be forward the strum notes. please send you MIDI file to us if did not work.

Return to “Ample Sound”