SynthMaster Bugs

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it a bug?

Next problem i have is asigning a controller to the xy-pad. It doesn´t work. Read in another thread that it should work in 2.7 but why is there a midi learn button????
Changing presets with any controller doesn´t work either. Am i making something wrong or is it a bug??

servolenkung wrote:Hi guys,
i try it here now because i got no answer from the KVR-Support
I guess you mean the KV331 support...
:D
servolenkung wrote:The other BIG problem: I can´t see any changes in SM when i use a controller or just the Bitwigcontroller knobs but i hear the changes.
And nothing works by the MIDI learn?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Hi BlackWinny!

ahmm... yes I meant the KV331 support :clown:

yes, tried midi learn. But xy-pad doesn´t want to learn.....
And: Just tried to record movements with Live but it records only one parameter....
Will try to record in bitwig

Does it work on your Computer??

Hello servolenkung !
servolenkung wrote:Hi BlackWinny!

ahmm... yes I meant the KV331 support :clown:

yes, tried midi learn. But xy-pad doesn´t want to learn.....
And: Just tried to record movements with Live but it records only one parameter....
Will try to record in bitwig

Does it work on your Computer??
Here at home in my Mulab and Reaper, it works well. And as well with my BCR2000 as with my Korg NanoKontrol2 and my Axiom 49 keyboard (first generation, 2007). And for the X-Y, for the moment in lack of better (I have not yet found a really good joystick), I use the Synaptic touchpad of my laptop with the free Touchpad 2 MIDI from LiveLab.dk. All that works very well with Synthmaster as for all my other instruments in Mulab and Reaper.

Give it a try...

If all works when trying this solution, therefore the problem is not in Synthmaster but either in the USB driver of your controller either in the controller itself either in Bitwig itself.

But if even this experimental configuration doesn't work better than the previous one... so indeed Synthmaster can be a potential cause.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

I tried several controllers (lpd8, nanokontrol,e-mu xboard even the nanopad with the xypad). Never managed to control the xy-pad of SM or the next/previous preset. All the same - in bitwig and in live.

Just realized that i cannot record any modulations with SM in Bitwig. Other VSTs work fine!
I don´t know what´s wrong..... :?

I have no idea if this thread is still being used, but I encountered an unpleasant bug in Synthmaster Player which I just bought.

When switching to certain patches, while the sound of a previous patch is still playing, an extremely loud, distorted noise will play for about half a minute or so, before gradually diminishing to a normal waveform and then dying out.

The sound is of such a high volume that the waveform becomes an 1-bit pulse, like a random pulse-wave noise at the highest possible volume.

The problem is triggered by selecting one of the following patches, while you can still hear the current patch:

AR FlutteredTables BT
Ar Frequency Fighters BT
FX SpaceTable BT

Just keep repeating a note while switching to one of these patches to trigger the problem. Switching to one of these patches after you can no longer hear the sound of the current patch works fine.

I'm using Renoise 3.1 on a Core2Duo 6600 running Windows 8.1. I don't expect it to have anything to do with Renoise or my machine, because it only happens with the patches I mentioned.

Maybe someone here could confirm this bug on their setup?

I dont know if this has been reported but while checking demo i did noticed that in Oscillator section Phase knob sometimes appears as Sync even tho it acts as phase knob.

I'm sorry if this one has already been reported, I searched the term "Browser" and didn't find it.

I'm using SM 2.7 latest version as of today, REAPER 5.1 on Windows 10.

Description:
When I am in the browser, for some groups of presets, when I click it, the selected preset is the one immediately below it.

Example:
For instance, when Percussion is selected, if I click on "PRC RimClickSnare GD", the highlighted preset is the one that follows, i.e "PRC Shaker GD". This happens on all the PRC presets as well as the PL presets or the SY presets. Curiously, it doesn't happen with the ARP presets or the DR presets.
Maybe the most interesting preset though is the SQ group of preset: the bug happens for "SQ Noise Res Hits MK", but not for the other presets of this group.

edit: ok, this is just an instance of a more general problem where SynthMaster somehow mixes up presets after a while. Fortunately, creating a new instance of SynthMaster solves the issue momentarily.

edit 2: ok, this happens after I delete a preset, the following presets are off by one.
Last edited by lolilol1975 on Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OK, second time I have to delete my home SynthMaster directory because SynthMaster keeps crashing REAPER at startup time when REAPER loads the SynthMaster VST. It seems that SM crashes when reading one of its files.

Not sure if it's a bug or if it's me not understanding what's going on, but the online preset "NJA dudada wooo" exhibits a strange behaviour: after playing a note, the background sound seems to go on forever. It only stops when I change Layer 1 from Poly to Mono or Unison.

edit: interestingly, if I deactivate all the oscillators but keep Filter 1 on in the schematics, I can still generate sounds with the keyboard. So it seems that Filter 1 generates a waveform of its own (or doesn't clear its own memory).
I can also stop the faulty behavior if I turn off either the Filter 1, or the layer 1 as well as layer 2.

In the same manner, if filter 1 is turned off in the schematics, I can still modulate the sound in the Filter 1 GUI area because some "remnant" sound is still playing.

lolilol1975 wrote:Not sure if it's a bug or if it's me not understanding what's going on, but the online preset "NJA dudada wooo" exhibits a strange behaviour: after playing a note, the background sound seems to go on forever. It only stops when I change Layer 1 from Poly to Mono or Unison.

edit: interestingly, if I deactivate all the oscillators but keep Filter 1 on in the schematics, I can still generate sounds with the keyboard. So it seems that Filter 1 generates a waveform of its own (or doesn't clear its own memory).
I can also stop the faulty behavior if I turn off either the Filter 1, or the layer 1 as well as layer 2.

In the same manner, if filter 1 is turned off in the schematics, I can still modulate the sound in the Filter 1 GUI area because some "remnant" sound is still playing.
ok, if I go to the Matrix, if I turn the first knob "Layer1: Voice Volume" to the right, I basically turn off the background pad and no longer have the issue. Doesn't mean that the bug is resolved, though.

My Synthmaster was taking a lot of time to open (+20 seconds). After some research: the problem was Galbanum waves in ~/Documents/SynthMaster/Waveforms. Synthmaster 2.8 doesn't even open if I put the whole pack of Galbanum waveforms there.

waltercruz wrote:My Synthmaster was taking a lot of time to open (+20 seconds). After some research: the problem was Galbanum waves in ~/Documents/SynthMaster/Waveforms. Synthmaster 2.8 doesn't even open if I put the whole pack of Galbanum waveforms there.
2.8 ?

There is a 2.8 release ?
When I download the updates I only have the 2.7.6. And when I click the logo on the GUI it answers that I have currently the last release.

A small bug involving easy controls.

I am using the current SM version, Cubase, Windows 10.

On the preset browse page, and the mod matrix filter at "automatic" setting, clicking the first "Easy" knob shows nothing in the mod matrix, although there *are* mods assigned to it. In fact each Easy knob (n) seems to show the modulations for Easy Knob (n-1). This is only a display bug with the filtered mod matrix, I guess an off by one error.
Last edited by Adrian B on Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlackWinny wrote: There is a 2.8 release ?
When I download the updates I only have the 2.7.6. And when I click the logo on the GUI it answers that I have currently the last release.

2.8 beta, alpha. I discovered: the problem is Galbanum Waveforms. It tooks a long time to search all of them, and it happens every time that Synthmaster is loaded.

Return to “KV331 Audio”