v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Hi Attila,
Thank you for the new beta!

Hi Yellukhan,
Thank you for the help with selecting multiple phrases!

Thanks
Forrest

Hi Forrest,
its my pleasure.

Here are my first experiences with RC 3.03 beta on OSX 10.11. First of all, thanks for your big work, a lot of things have been improved. But I have found some issues.
The looping function doesn't work. Marking a region and setting the loop -button doesn't have a function. Deleting parts with backspace doesn't work anymore.
The program reacts very , very slowly at a project with many tracks. I compared the same project with RC 2.9, which reacts much faster.
There a still hanging notes, which was a problem with the previous versions too.
The font is too small on my laptop. It was already too small in the previous version.
It would be great, if the volume/expression fader on the track (and generally all faders) could be moved with the mouse-wheel. BTW whats the difference between expression and volume?

removed

did anyone tried Regenerate while extending phrases ?
is this is bug or am i missing something?

edit..
it seems specific to if Melody Generator has applied manual rhythm

wibem wrote:Here are my first experiences with RC 3.03 beta on OSX 10.11.
Dear Wilhelm,

thank you for your comments.

For some reason looping worked during my tests, but I tried it on 10.10 only. So far none of the OS X users reported this.

There was a small confusion on my part about the Delete/Backspace keys.
The default key for deletion in RC is Delete. But I realized that my MacBook Pro has only a Backspace key. My Apple keyboard has 'delete' written on the backspace key and it has another delete 'forward' key. Anyway I added fixes that Delete and Backspace are handled the same way so that you don't have to redefine the deletion under Settings / Keyboard Shortcuts.

I will check the slowness when there are many tracks.
wibem wrote:The font is too small on my laptop.
It is strange because the system font is used. Will you please send me a screenshot in e-mail with RC and another application so that I can see what is wrong? I am thinking about adding a temporary "Font Size" preference, until the fully scalable UI is implemented (after v3).
wibem wrote:BTW whats the difference between expression and volume?
Expression (and the other Accent sliders) affect the "Note On" velocity, while Volume is the MIDI Volume controller.

Thank you!
Attila

yellukhan wrote:did anyone tried Regenerate while extending phrases ?
is this is bug or am i missing something?

edit..
it seems specific to if Melody Generator has applied manual rhythm
Right, it behaves like that when 'manual rhythm' is set.

oh! :) thanks.

It would be great
1.if possible to real-time edit then real-time sound when looped in the phrase editor
and
2.if In the phrase editor, shorcuts exsist in loop button and play button.

I think two opinions could lead to writing intuitive melody.

thank you for great software.

Hi Attila, here is a screenshot of the small font, which I mean. The font in the program-menus is much smaller than the system-font.
Do you have any idea, why there are still hanging notes?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kro1002 wrote:It would be great
1.if possible to real-time edit then real-time sound when looped in the phrase editor
and
2.if In the phrase editor, shorcuts exsist in loop button and play button.

I think two opinions could lead to writing intuitive melody.

thank you for great software.
Hi kro1002!
Thank you for your suggestions! It turned out it was easier to implement these than I first thought. So from the next beta version, you will find the requested shortcuts, and real-time editing during loop playback will work in the phrase editor.

Thanks,
Attila

I totally missed this (no email about it). Will download and play.

Hi Jim,

I will send an e-mail about the beta version as soon as all initial problems are fixed, which is very close. I am sure the current beta version is more stable than v2.9 so it is definitely useful.

Thanks,
Attila

v3.0beta4 is available for Windows and OS X!

Improvements:
  • Browsers remember the collapsed and expanded groups, for each browser you can set all groups to be collapsed, or expanded, or use last remembered state, see Settings / Miscellaneous
  • "Remember browser positions" setting removed, from now the program always remembers
  • Browsers can be opened in a separate window and moved outside of the main window (see Settings / Miscellaneous)
  • You can edit notes in the Phrase Editor during previewing the phrase; edits are immediately heard
  • New shortcut for filling a track with Staccato Generator
  • New shortcut for starting/stopping playback in Phrase Editor, and for looping
  • New shortcut for "Phrase Selection To Timeline Region And Start Playback In Loop"
  • "Freehand drawing" improvements (removed zero-length notes, and make it work with changing scales and chords)
  • Fixed "Invalid Composition File" problem when using Undo
  • Saving Phrase Container presets are fixed
  • UI rendering problems with sliders fixed
  • Fixes in Chord Palette which forgot the second and third reference scale
  • Chord Palette yellow background fixed
  • Fixed: MIDI drag and drop in Note Editing mode did not show the notes during dragging
  • Two different chord naming issues fixed
  • Note Inspector problems fixed. Sometimes the actions for the 'Phrase Editor' appeared in 'Note Editing' mode
  • [OS X] Fixed a rare issue when user interface stopped redrawing but the program seemingly worked
  • [OS X] UI rendering stability improvements
  • many other minor fixes
In the last days lots of time was spent on testing RC on OS X, and I am happy to say that a few hard-to-reproduce bugs were fixed.
Thanks everyone for reporting the problems! :clap:
Attila

:tu: Thank you so much Attila!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”