Problems when using Synleth1 64bit via Logi Pro X from another user on same MacBook

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, yesterday I purchased the Synleth1 64bit (3.009) for usage with our MacBook Pro 13" Retina & Logic Pro X, still running latest Mavericks ~10.9.5. Some days before I tested the 32bit Synlenth1 Demo together with the demo of 32Lives succesfully.
I purchased the Synleth1 mainly for my 14 year old son - but I am as the dad I am the owner and administrator of the MacBook and we share it. So I am the master and main admin account on that MacBook (Stefan) and my son has another User on this MacBook (Jan) to. The problem now with the full 64bit version of synleth1 is, that I don't see it under Logic Pro X plugins from Jan's user, only from my user under Logic (Stefan). The 32bit demo I installed some days before works fine in both users and still can be seen in both user accounts under Logic Pro X. Via the plugin Manager I tried to "rescan" in Jan's account, but I get the error message "cannot be opened".

Hi,

You should already have received your answer via email:

If you need to use Sylenth1 on both user accounts, you’ll need to install it on both user accounts too. Although you may (or may not) see Sylenth1 as another user, you’ll not be able to use it until you install (and activate) on that user account too.

Hi, doesn't work either, installed the package from Jan's user and still the same, don't see the plugin in logic from Jan's account. Also rebootet, etc.
No issues with other plugin vendors (e.g. all Native Instruments plugin work, ARTURIA works, freeware u-he TyrellN6 works, Reveal Sound Spire Demo works, as said, even the synleth1 32 Bit Demo together with the 32Lives Demo works on all user accounts on this macbook).

I have a similar situation, running Logic 10.2.0 and Mavericks 10.9.5. Two different users, one computer.

If I remember right, I did what Ruben wrote, had to install it on the second user too. Here, both user run Sylenth without issues, but I know that both user have admin rights.

Maybe there lies the issue. I guess your son doesn't have admin rights to install whatever he wants ;)
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

update: not sure why, but now its working ... after several log on/off and reboots. Not sure why, but ok.

Return to “LennarDigital”