Slate VMR and the new FG-Bomber

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

JJ_Jettflow wrote:I had the same problem but I found that if I deleted the old slate plugin, and then added a new copy of VMR, it would work fine. Since I preset my Slate FX, I was able to call them up from the new version of VMR and carry on.

However, some of my setting were not saved as presets which forced my to roll back VMR and save them and reinstall. :roll:

I have not updated BWS yet so we will see then.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=451039

This is also happening with Waves plugins, does the Slate issue happen if you open up a pre 1.2 file ?
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

woodsdenis wrote:
JJ_Jettflow wrote:I had the same problem but I found that if I deleted the old slate plugin, and then added a new copy of VMR, it would work fine. Since I preset my Slate FX, I was able to call them up from the new version of VMR and carry on.

However, some of my setting were not saved as presets which forced my to roll back VMR and save them and reinstall. :roll:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=451039

This is also happening with Waves plugins, does the Slate issue happen if you open up a pre 1.2 file ?
I only switched to BWS about two weeks ago so everything I have is 1.3 and up. Not sure about Waves. I have some but do not even know if they are installed or not.

It also happens with pre-1.2 files. I think Slate changed something and either it's something that they changed wrong or Bitwig just can't react with the change. Whatever the case, with the latest Slate VMR installer, your Slate VMR plugin settings will no longer open in any track of the old projects. This means basically losing all your mixes if you use them extensively like I do.

Here's what I've found out so far:
-November 2015 (1.1.0.4) Slate VMR installer: if you open Bitwig projects saved with older versions of VMR, the plugins just say "Plugin not found." in Bitwig. If you save a new project with this VMR, it works as it should but none of the old projects do so you lose all the settings because you would have to remove the plugin instances and add all the effects they contain, again. Basically you lose your mixes.
-August 2015 (1.0.13.1) Slate VMR installer: you can open old and and new Bitwig projects fine. Even the projects that contain November 2015 VMR version open up fine (except Bomber I guess because it didn't exists back then). This is the last version I found working so far and if you have the old installer, you can revert back to this until it's fixed. (I hope it will).

Please report your findings to Slate Digital so they know that people are having this issue.
Composer, animator, video producer and web designer
http://www.juhanalehtiniemi.com

Might not have been a good idea what you've done there, if Thomas is correct and it's a plugin ID issue, when slate fix it so it automatically recalls in place of the last installer you'll have to do this all over again with a future update :o

Bobby L'Avenir wrote:

Might not have been a good idea what you've done there, if Thomas is correct and it's a plugin ID issue, when slate fix it so it automatically recalls in place of the last installer you'll have to do this all over again with a future update :o

I have duplicate song projects. One before the changes are untouched.

I also had the same nightmare loading 1.3.3. with the new Slate update. This has been a nightmare. I had to ask someone over on Gearslutz to send me an older installer because none of my projects would open any Slate instances. I also had this issue with Eiosis which is same company as Slate.

JJ_Jettflow wrote:
Bobby L'Avenir wrote:

I have duplicate song projects. One before the changes are untouched.
Smart move :hihi:

Slate Support suggested this;

Try regenerating BWS's VST cache by deleting it. Do this by deleting the following files/folders:

Windows: C:\Users\your_username/AppData/Local/BitwigStudio/index (folder) C:\Users\your_username/AppData/Local/BitwigStudio/cache/vst-metadata.

I'm back on Cubase 6.5 (8 sucks D) finishing tracks in a day or two again otherwise I'd test it myself.

Without a doubt the worst thing about any daw is stability, no matter how many bells and whistles it has if it keeps crashing and doing weird s##t, none of the good stuff matters and gets wiped out the minute creative flow gets disrupted. I'll be back when that changes and the features i sorely miss from Cubase are in Bitwig in some shape or form.

Bobby L'Avenir wrote:Slate Support suggested this;

Try regenerating BWS's VST cache by deleting it. Do this by deleting the following files/folders:

Windows: C:\Users\your_username/AppData/Local/BitwigStudio/index (folder) C:\Users\your_username/AppData/Local/BitwigStudio/cache/vst-metadata.

I'm back on Cubase 6.5 (8 sucks D) finishing tracks in a day or two again otherwise I'd test it myself.

Without a doubt the worst thing about any daw is stability, no matter how many bells and whistles it has if it keeps crashing and doing weird s##t, none of the good stuff matters and gets wiped out the minute creative flow gets disrupted. I'll be back when that changes and the features i sorely miss from Cubase are in Bitwig in some shape or form.
They suggested the same to me on the Mac, but I tried it and it didn't help.

Keep the Slate installer from August at hand, everything works fine with it. This way you can always revert to it if this issue isn't fixed. I think this time it's Slate that broke things, not Bitwig.
Composer, animator, video producer and web designer
http://www.juhanalehtiniemi.com

I just had this problem (Plug-in missing message when loading older project with latest VMR), but have found a work-around:
- Install the latest VMR (e.g. 1.1.0.4).
- Open your project file (you will get the missing plug-in messages).
- Open the right-hand project panel - used plug-ins tab. You should see a version conflict displayed.
- Click on either the Replace button or the "Ignore all version conflicts" button and it should update all of the VMR instances in the project at once, and your VMR's should be working once more!

If you look at the versions numbers in the screenshot you can sort of see what the issue was. The old VMR was 1.0.13.1 which according to Bitwig is 1131, and the new one is 1.1.0.4 (1104). So the newer 1104 is actually a smaller version number than the old 1131!!

Vulcandroid wrote:I just had this problem (Plug-in missing message when loading older project with latest VMR), but have found a work-around:
- Open the right-hand project panel - used plug-ins tab. You should see a version conflict displayed.
- Click on either the Replace button or the "Ignore all version conflicts" button and it should update all of the VMR instances in the project at once, and your VMR's should be working once more!

If you look at the versions numbers in the screenshot you can sort of see what the issue was. The old VMR was 1.0.13.1 which according to Bitwig is 1131, and the new one is 1.1.0.4 (1104). So the newer 1104 is actually a smaller version number than the old 1131!!
Clever !!!!!! that works :D
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Vulcandroid wrote:I just had this problem (Plug-in missing message when loading older project with latest VMR), but have found a work-around:

[img]<span%20class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://i.imgur.com/v38yf8N.png?1</span>[/img]

I figured this out today. Thanks for posting this though. I should have posted it to help other people having this issue........but I was lazy. :D

Well, that's what I posted on page 1 already: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6#p6304168 ...
;-)

Great it worked out!

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Was just about to post this but you guys worked it out already, now i can update and try this Bomber thing in Cubase without blocking older bitwig projects loading when i need them :tu:

Pprimo wrote:

[img]<span%20class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://i.imgur.com/v38yf8N.png?1</span>[/img]

I figured this out today. Thanks for posting this though. I should have posted it to help other people having this issue........but I was lazy. :D
Do you have to do this every project or just the one time?

Return to “Bitwig”