RealiDrums Released! A New Concept in Drum Libraries

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RealiDrums

We believe RealiDrums is the biggest (and dare I say, best sounding? No, that would be immodest . . .) drum collection you can buy. 42 different Snares (actual snare drums, not 42 "mix settings"), 7 different kicks, 11 hi hats, 24 rides, 33 crash cymbals, plus sidesticks and percussion elements. All drums have 4 mix settings each, from close mic to arena rock.

Being the impatient (and narcissistic) kind of guy that I am, I basically made this for how I like to work. So the interface is designed with work flow and speed in mind. I honestly don't think any other drum library is this fast to work with.

Also innovative is the Groove Generator, which is a much more musical way to work than traditional MIDI loops. Flexible plus very intuitive. Not to mention, a ton of fun. Check out the video below and you'll see what I mean.

RealiDrums is priced at $299, but just because you guys are my homies (oh, and because I have bills to pay soon) we're slashing a hundred bucks off. You know, for the introductory price and Black Friday and all that. But mostly because we're homies!

So don't just sit there like a rhythmless lump! Get your tail on over to Realitone and pick up RealiDrums for just $199.95!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rToF-fZZes
Last edited by Mike Greene on Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Looks like a home run, Mike. Hope it does great for you!

Can you automate "Complexity" over time?
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

Looks AWESOME man! Extremely well done!! And I LOVE the concept of getting to work fast, while not sacrificing sound quality. Simply awesome!

One thing though, when I went to your website and tried to download the manual, its linking to your vocal manual and not this drum library. Hopefully that might be fixed?

My main questions I wanted to know was how much of this instrument is midi CC assignable? Also if its possible to bus your snare to a different output than your kick for additional 3rd party FX?
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

I'm guessing, if this is new, http://realitone.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/RealiDrumsManual.pdf is the wrong URL (being that June 2013 isn't all that recent ;)).

soundbylaura wrote:Can you automate "Complexity" over time?
LGK_Dude wrote:My main questions I wanted to know was how much of this instrument is midi CC assignable? Also if its possible to bus your snare to a different output than your kick for additional 3rd party FX?
The Groove sliders are automatable by right-clicking on them (which activates "MIDI Learn"), then jiggling a knob or slider on your MIDI controller to set that knob to control the RealiDrums slider. Buttons are not controllable, though. (At least I can't get that to happen here.)

We haven't put in the optional output abilities yet, but that's at the top of the list and will definitely be in there before the end of the year.

LGK_Dude wrote:One thing though, when I went to your website and tried to download the manual, its linking to your vocal manual and not this drum library. Hopefully that might be fixed
pljones wrote:I'm guessing, if this is new, http://realitone.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/RealiDrumsManual.pdf is the wrong URL (being that June 2013 isn't all that recent ;)).
Who's to say I didn't write the manual in 2013, then spent two years building a drum library to match that manual? :D

Links (there were two bad manual links, each wrong for different reasons) are fixed now. Thanks for pointing them out, because at two in the morning, those are the things I completely miss.

Wow impressive GUI and scripting kind o stuff! Sounds good too. Grats.

Interesting concept, indeed. Like telling a drummer to do stuff differently, but the drummer has infinite patience and will never get mad at you.

Mike Greene wrote:Who's to say I didn't write the manual in 2013, then spent two years building a drum library to match that manual? :D
I know how much effect goes into getting a drum library right, so I can actually believe that might have been it!! :hihi:

DSmolken wrote:Interesting concept, indeed. Like telling a drummer to do stuff differently, but the drummer has infinite patience and will never get mad at you.
Plus this drummer won't try to steal your girlfriend.

Mike Greene wrote:
soundbylaura wrote:Can you automate "Complexity" over time?
LGK_Dude wrote:My main questions I wanted to know was how much of this instrument is midi CC assignable? Also if its possible to bus your snare to a different output than your kick for additional 3rd party FX?
The Groove sliders are automatable by right-clicking on them (which activates "MIDI Learn"), then jiggling a knob or slider on your MIDI controller to set that knob to control the RealiDrums slider. Buttons are not controllable, though. (At least I can't get that to happen here.)

We haven't put in the optional output abilities yet, but that's at the top of the list and will definitely be in there before the end of the year.
Sounds and looks enticing. Your pitch about no longer needing the patience to audition loop after loop really resonates with me.

Can you clarify for me please

-- if the buttons aren't automatable, then I suppose the only way to get a performance where different combinations of kit pieces are played, as you demonstrated, is live, with a mouse yes?

-- if I do a 16 bar live "performance," it is faithfully recorded in the midi clip which I then drag into the DAW, yes?

-- what mappings are used? can I use it as a standard gm drum module?

Hope this does well for you, could be a bull's eye in a crowded market.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

lingyai wrote:Sounds and looks enticing. Your pitch about no longer needing the patience to audition loop after loop really resonates with me.

Can you clarify for me please

-- if the buttons aren't automatable, then I suppose the only way to get a performance where different combinations of kit pieces are played, as you demonstrated, is live, with a mouse yes?

-- if I do a 16 bar live "performance," it is faithfully recorded in the midi clip which I then drag into the DAW, yes?

Hope this does well for you, could be a bull's eye in a crowded market.
I fixed the buttons, so they are indeed automatable now. (As are the sliders.) That was kinda dumb that I didn't do it before. :oops:

The drag-n-drop MIDI clip is only whatever the 2 bar loop is at that particular instant. It wouldn't be a 16 bar performance. Interesting idea, though. I'm not sure if I could modify it to make it do that, but I'm going to think about it. I hadn't really thought of the Groove generator as a performance tool (although obviously I played it as one in the video), so this stuff hadn't occurred to me before. There seems to be a lot of interest in it that way, though, so I'm going to try to expand those aspects.

RealiDrums is set up in standard GM kit format, so it works well with V-Drums (which is what we input the loops with) or pretty much anything else. We'll probably add other mappings later, although no one has requested any yet, so maybe there's no need.

Mike Greene wrote:
lingyai wrote:

I fixed the buttons, so they are indeed automatable now. (As are the sliders.) That was kinda dumb that I didn't do it before. :oops:

The drag-n-drop MIDI clip is only whatever the 2 bar loop is at that particular instant. It wouldn't be a 16 bar performance. Interesting idea, though. I'm not sure if I could modify it to make it do that, but I'm going to think about it. I hadn't really thought of the Groove generator as a performance tool (although obviously I played it as one in the video), so this stuff hadn't occurred to me before. There seems to be a lot of interest in it that way, though, so I'm going to try to expand those aspects.

RealiDrums is set up in standard GM kit format, so it works well with V-Drums (which is what we input the loops with) or pretty much anything else. We'll probably add other mappings later, although no one has requested any yet, so maybe there's no need.
Thanks Mike. GM is fine, keeps it simple and accessible, for other formats there are converters anyway.

If the buttons are now automateable, awesome. Thanks!

My understanding that the Groove generator is a recordable performance tool is part of what really grabbed me. Otherwise, I mean, while it's fun to do something cool live, if I can't record it somehow, it's not for me. But I think a workaround is possible which wouldn't require you to change anything -- it's using Kontakt's

Options->Engine->Send MIDI to outside world

thing -- this should enable me to print the performace as midi, no?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Seconding the idea to be able to print performances as MIDI. It's critical that if I get something just right, I can keep it forever. I'd probably buy with that feature, but without it I'd probably pass for the reasons stated above.

Very cool product though. This reminds me a lot of the old Groove Agent 2, but arguably with much more potential. Is there any way to trigger fills or half-time feels like the old-school Groove Agent?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”