Possible bug re matrix?

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, I was using more extreme EQ and other FX settings and in order to compensate for the resulting huge volume gradient across the keyboard, I used keyboard tracking as the mod source, and Mix AB as the mod target - in both slots, each set to -10. This however leads to a strange situation where there is a kind of dead spot on the keyboard, while the volume increases in both directions from there.
Is that supposed to be that way?

While I am at it, just stumbled upon another strange behavior:
When setting the pitch bend range to 1 octave, bending upwards only does 11 semitones. and when I set it to two octaves, bending upwards only does 22 semitones. And when I keep the bend lever at max and at the same time operate the mod wheel (which is not even attributed to anything, just tried it with my most basic init patch) several times, the pitch increases almost to the full bend range set, not quite, though.

Downwards everything works as it should.

Strange, today the pitch bend problem is not present, yesterday it was there all the time...
Is it possible that an instance becomes and remains kind of buggy after playing and tweaking it for some time, even when loading an init patch later on?

fluffy_little_something wrote:So, I was using more extreme EQ and other FX settings and in order to compensate for the resulting huge volume gradient across the keyboard, I used keyboard tracking as the mod source, and Mix AB as the mod target - in both slots, each set to -10. This however leads to a strange situation where there is a kind of dead spot on the keyboard, while the volume increases in both directions from there.
Is that supposed to be that way?
All modulation in Sylenth1 is additive. So if you modulate Mix AB with KeyTrack on -10, while the Mix A and B parameters are set to +10, this means at the lowest key the Mix AB will be 10 + 0 = 10, while at the highest key it will be 10 + (-10) = 0

If you use 2 x -10 on Mix AB, then at the lowest key the Mix parameters will be 10, at the halfway key it will be 10 + 2 x (-5) = 0, and at the highest key it will be 10 + 2 x (-10) = -10.

A volume or Mix of -10 is the same as the volume of +10, except that the waveform is inverted (it'll sound the same).

So yes there will be a dead spot on the keyboard if you modulate that way.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Strange, today the pitch bend problem is not present, yesterday it was there all the time...
Is it possible that an instance becomes and remains kind of buggy after playing and tweaking it for some time, even when loading an init patch later on?
No, that's not possible really. Could it be that your midi controller's pitch wheel isn't always working properly maybe?

Good to hear it is supposed to work that way, although I am not sure I understand your explanation. But I don't have to, I will simply try to avoid adding up modulations...
Is there a turnaround key for the keyboard tracking? If so, which is it? In Retrologue one can set it manually if I remember correctly.

Well, if the pitch bend issue is not a bug in Sylenth, it could have to do with either my MIDI keyboard or my DAW.
I have also noticed notes with endless release recently. When that happens, they are there even after I change the patch in Sylenth or interrupt/restart the audio engine in the DAW. Strange...

I will reset the keyboard to factory settings, maybe that helps :)

PS: Thanks for the only great-sounding synth that runs on my AMD computer without causing CPU problems :)

Return to “LennarDigital”