Cubase 8.5 here any day now...and the day has come

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

Mine is similar with less saturation.

A theme system would be nice, but I am more about functions than glitter. There are great aspects in programs like Ableton Live and even FL Studio that Steinberg could take a cue from and follow, without dampening the image of a high end workstation front end.

We'll see. Probably a week from today.

Hope they offer some BF deal though.

I noticed that the link referred to earlier has been changed to read 8 instead of 8.5.

On the other hand, Cubase 8 Pro is currently NOT AVAILABLE in the Steinberg shop.

And their website is still super slow.

thejonsolo wrote:I noticed that the link referred to earlier has been changed to read 8 instead of 8.5.

On the other hand, Cubase 8 Pro is currently NOT AVAILABLE in the Steinberg shop.

And their website is still super slow.
No it's there.

The link(or radiobutton) - funny enough always said "8", but select it and on the right it says "8.5" and the option makes sense.

Updating 8 to 8 is what made no sense, as the option says.
But it's work in progress I think - since I get no price in my own currency, only EURO.
So something left by mistake.

I meant THIS link...not the Cubase Artist mistake-

thejonsolo wrote:I meant THIS link...not the Cubase Artist mistake-
I see, thank you.
So it's about his clinic and possibly for v8 - and a new pagename cubase8.html from their news menu.

And also see that option I found for Cubase Artist update, still this morning - is now gone.

Either they are determined to make it a suprise - or it's not due yet....

Yea vendors tend to know a little beforehand and some change their websites to reflect that. But you never know. It is the right time of year. This kind of thing excites me more than Black Friday for sure.

I dare not activate Pro 8 yet:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steinberg_Cubase

Cubase 6 and 6.5 was released in jan and feb - 7, 7.5 and 8 in dec.
Before 6 all over the year.

https://evenstadmusikk.no/WebPages/Prod ... 20GBFIESPT
A store in Norway expects the release to be on 05.12.2015.

Nothing confirmed but it'll probably be announced next week.

Gonna have to see how it works out here.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

MarcusBits wrote:https://evenstadmusikk.no/WebPages/Prod ... 20GBFIESPT
A store in Norway expects the release to be on 05.12.2015.

Nothing confirmed but it'll probably be announced next week.
Appreciate it, thanks.
Isn't boxed stuff a week later, so maybe DL or announcement for BF after all....

So I just picked up 7.5. I'm new to cubase. Am I right in assuming I should wait to register? Will they just give me a free bump up to 8.5 if I wait?

audientronic wrote:So I just picked up 7.5. I'm new to cubase. Am I right in assuming I should wait to register? Will they just give me a free bump up to 8.5 if I wait?
Avoid activating the license - if you did more than 5-6 weeks ago it's too late.
And not sure 7.5 - but to 8.0 which in turn would not be activated yet, so it might.

I know i sweden many shops still list 7.5 boxed versions, so..

It should bump up for you as long as it was retail. An announcement any day now would be great, ha!

I'm getting the feeling I'll have to buy C8.5 for El Capitan compatibility.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”