Basic spelling error in a $300 plug-in?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

3ee wrote:Image

Look closer ;) -1 -2 ...
(anyway, bug fixed now but persisted quite a bit after NI had been notified)
Not in the first picture you posted, I am pretty sure that it's a "3", although the resolution is quite low.

whyterabbyt wrote:
mild_peril wrote:Is this acceptable in a $300 plug-in
Something that trivial? Yes.
or am I splitting hairs here?
Yes.
I mean, how could this be missed if extensive testing was done
Because 'testing' isnt 'proofreading' and even proofreaders and copy editors are human.
, and I spotted it almost at first glance?
If you actually think this is because you're innately capable of spotting all typos and suchlike at first glance 100% of the time, then you should consider a career as a proofreader, because very few people are that gifted.

Or more realistically, you were just lucky, and you regularly miss others all the time, like most people, including software developers.
I know this is really anal before I even start, but..
BTW, if that [the '..'] is meant to be an ellipsis, you 'spelled' it wrong. If not, you used two full stops instead od one. Im not sure if that's acceptable in a post complaining about a single typo in the description field of one isolated preset in a $300 plugin.
Did you honestly and seriously just respond quote by quote to a (mostly) tongue in cheek post? :lol:

If you must know, it just surprised me a bit, as so much work goes in to developing the software, and something so little goes unnoticed.

Some people responding on this thread just need to lighten up a little. :tu:

So if I build a house, forget some bricks, it doesn't matter? It does make the house more solid when you don't put all the bricks in the walls.
By matter of priority according to basic procedures when it comes to build brick houses in general. It saves bricks as well. I'd say win win :)

PS: So why this thread then, laddies?

I already hate it when there are inconsistencies on a GUI, it tells me something about the mind of the developer. I assume that such sloppiness is not limited to looks, but also to be found in the programming, which is why I would not buy such a plugin.
Spelling mistakes are even worse. The only excuse might be that the company is from a country where they don't speak English. But even in that case I would wonder why they did not hire a native speaker to check things...

Conclusion: An accident lurks in a small corner.

I got it! There's "-5" twice in the meter!

mild_peril wrote:Some people responding on this thread just need to lighten up a little. :tu:
Amen to that

NAD wrote:I got it! There's "-5" twice in the meter!
I looked and looked at that part of the image, but only noticed it until I read this. :dog:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:
NAD wrote:I got it! There's "-5" twice in the meter!
I looked and looked at that part of the image, but only noticed it until I read this. :dog:
Same here... winter is really squeezing on my brain slowly.

mild_peril wrote: Did you honestly and seriously just respond quote by quote to a (mostly) tongue in cheek post? :lol:
No. :bang:
If you must know, it just surprised me a bit, as so much work goes in to developing the software, and something so little goes unnoticed.

Some people responding on this thread just need to lighten up a little. :tu:
whoooooooosh.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

when people confuse obvious typos with poor spelling ... derp.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”