LANDR will NoT intergrate in BITWIG :)

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It won't be free, we'll just probably have an online bridge, like at hearthis.
Santa Claus does not exist :)

David Boura wrote:It won't be free, we'll just probably have an online bridge, like at hearthis.
Santa Claus does not exist :)
probably :lol: i sent an question about it to them haha i wana se what they have to say. but landr you still can export for free in mp3 128 :) not good though but lol :)
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

There are so many plugins that make your life easier like Xfer's Cthulu, Hornet's Song Key and the like and I never heard anybody complaining about that. I do not consider using LANDR cheating or destroying music industry. It's just an easy way to allow even non professionals to come closer to a professional sounding product. It is certainly better than ripping Ozone 7 and tweaking knobs without knowing what you are doing like so many people are actually doing.
Mac OSX 10.11.2
Safire Pro 14

https://soundcloud.com/kung_vu

ulisses wrote:There are so many plugins that make your life easier like Xfer's Cthulu, Hornet's Song Key and the like and I never heard anybody complaining about that. I do not consider using LANDR cheating or destroying music industry. It's just an easy way to allow even non professionals to come closer to a professional sounding product. It is certainly better than ripping Ozone 7 and tweaking knobs without knowing what you are doing like so many people are actually doing.
Also could be used as reference. Landr uses algorythm to make your song sound as commericial as possible. Then use that track you got as keypoints to what your track needs. Then try get that sound as landr did when mixing tracks. Then also use commerical mixes. Good for keypoints more than just for beginners :) but agree its not cheating its another tool and if someone is good enought they can get better results themselves anyway :)
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard

I'm still a dick at mixing & mastering, and i tried LandR. Result is better than what i would do myself but... nah.
As some said here and around, this can be in a great and fast help in some situations, but i refuse to see this as a final mastering tool.
You can't control anything, you upload, you choose between min/mid/max, and that's all folks.
And btw you don't know (still being noob) what LandR did to your awful track. It's just "better".

AND i want to defend professional Masterers, just for the fair cause :) This is the real main reason why i don't really like the concept :)

LANDR is not made to replace mastering engineers it is just an affordable alternative.
You can't control anything, you upload, you choose between min/mid/max, and that's all folks.
How much influence has your input into the work process of a mastering engineer? And if does, is that of any good? ;-) (Remembers me of postings from professional graphic designers that constantly have to fulfil tasteless demands of some "special" customers)

And yes of course the GIGA (garbage in garbage out) principle holds also true for LANDR, so what?

If it comes integrated I will use it, since I am using it already. Nobody gets forced to use it I hope :tu:
Mac OSX 10.11.2
Safire Pro 14

ulisses wrote:Remembers me of postings from professional graphic designers that constantly have to fulfil tasteless demands of some "special" customers
Reminds me a lot of nightmares actually, being myself one of them ;)

But jeje, just wanted to add my poor 2 cents (remember i said i'm a dick), i'm not really against, i'm just not for it, in my situation and goal of trying to understand/learn/becoming better.

(hope no-one will throw me rocks now)

:hug: No rocks from my side
Mac OSX 10.11.2
Safire Pro 14

takaii wrote:The mastering service will intergrate in bitwig according to this article..

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/lan ... ing-631093

Awesome!
Ewwww... I hope Bitwig did not spend even 5 minutes on that

pdxindy wrote:
takaii wrote:The mastering service will intergrate in bitwig according to this article..

Awesome!
Better have a stable program first, before you can even get to that stage. :phones:

pdxindy wrote:

Awesome!
They havent its not in bitwig yet. it says will come. We all know they fix them bugs :hug:

This is probably the last thing I want from a DAW. What comes next? Automated Youtube uploads with random created imageslides? Partymode and Automix? Click'n'Compose? This is prosumer stuff and I strongly vote against merging it into any serious tool.

It's totally OK to have these services and there's also nothing against using them but please keep them separated from the essential tools.

Just my 2 bits ;)
This could be your ad!

Cubase already has soundcloud upload :P just sayin..

Suloo wrote:Cubase already has soundcloud upload :P just sayin..
Studio 1 also! Would love that in bitwig direct upload

I got the reply about how it will be intergrated in bitwig and about pricing.
Looks like the article just wrote some random fish bait. There is no intergration in bitwig. its just an app that will work with any daw

Glad you're curious about the desktop app!

Right now when you have the app, you're able to bounce from any DAW to the LANDR Bounces Folder that automatically appears on your computer when you download the app. This includes Bitwig, and I think that's what the article is referring to.

As for subscription fees-- I highly recommend subscribing to one of our plans if you're going to use the app. If you don't, you'll only get your 2 free MP3s each month in the app and that's all.
You can check out our plans and prices here: https://www.landr.com/en/pricing

Hope this clarifies things. :)

Cheers,
Vanessa

LANDR Rescue Squad

Return to “Bitwig”