New WAVES Plugin Black Friday Giveaway.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If they give out Element1, no one would be forced to upgrade to v2, but Id imagine a lot would if the price was right. would be kind of a win-win for everyone. Waves gives out free plugin then makes some money back on those people who upgrade to version 2. But I'm hoping they come out with something brand new.

DubLifeSD wrote:If they give out Element1, no one would be forced to upgrade to v2, but Id imagine a lot would if the price was right. would be kind of a win-win for everyone. Waves gives out free plugin then makes some money back on those people who upgrade to version 2. But I'm hoping they come out with something brand new.
Isn't that their synth? Ugh, that's the last thing that I need, I sure hope that's not the freebie.

I signed up for the free plug-in, but I have a question. I know that Waves plug-ins do work in Reaper, but are they actually stable over time?

Most of the problems I see are people having trouble installing them. I'm interested in some of their products, but I don't want something that's going to bug out down the line.
Last edited by Shangsean on Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just had a look in their portefolio. Is it just me, or do most of their GUI's look like the stuff is from Windows 95 times? I know, beauty is only skin deep, but it makes me wonder how old those plugins are. Look like those Cakewalk DXi plugins.

do they send out a confirmation email after you've signed up ? all I got was a 'thank you' graphic, but no email....yet.. ?

chk071 wrote:Just had a look in their portefolio. Is it just me, or do most of their GUI's look like the stuff is from Windows 95 times? I know, beauty is only skin deep, but it makes me wonder how old those plugins are. Look like those Cakewalk DXi plugins.
Yes, most of their stuff looks old. Especially stuff like the renn plugins, well, they are from those times.

Shangsean wrote:I signed up for the free plug-in, but I have a question. I know that Waves plug-ins do work in Reaper, but are they actually stable over time?

Most of the problems I see are people having trouble installing them. I'm interested in some of their products, but I don't want something that's going to bug out down the line.
I have had a lot of trouble with the U/I of waves plugins in Reaper. For some of the simpler stuff like the Renn plugins, I don't really care, I just turn the U/I off. But, FYI.

TheoM wrote:
musikmachine wrote:Does vox de-ess?

no it's just a vox leveller (one knob very well tune downward compression) with output limiter. Simple as anything. It also has an input gain so you can drive it gently or hammer it.

Voxengo copied it with voxformer and did a great job too and offers two compressors in series rather than one and have the desser and EQ as well. So if you want the ren vox type of vocal comp but want more features, voxformer is the way to go. disclaimer: don't expect miracles from it's de esser, it's old school.
Ah ok thanks, looking for a good de-esser but that's for another thread.
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

ghettosynth wrote:
chk071 wrote:Just had a look in their portefolio. Is it just me, or do most of their GUI's look like the stuff is from Windows 95 times? I know, beauty is only skin deep, but it makes me wonder how old those plugins are. Look like those Cakewalk DXi plugins.
Yes, most of their stuff looks old. Especially stuff like the renn plugins, well, they are from those times.
Some of them go past 20 years old. That's some serious staying power. Though, I suspect, the algorithms have been modified over the years..

In any case, I think they do their job.. and am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. :)

VitaminD wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
Some of them go past 20 years old. That's some serious staying power. Though, I suspect, the algorithms have been modified over the years..

In any case, I think they do their job.. and am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. :)
Nor I, but, I paid for the Renn plugins. Not much mind you, I bought all of my waves stuff with that repeating coupon that we had a year or two back.

I wonder if It's gonna be a one knob plugin giveaway again
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:I wonder if It's gonna be a one knob plugin giveaway again
Well at least those have recent interfaces, even if they are still a bit strange.

Think about it, some of themes coveted pieces of technology are even older than the earliest Waves plugins.

Fairchild, Teletronix, Neve, API, SSL, DBX. Plugin devs keep making them because people keep buying them. Thy were designed using far less understanding of audio technology than we have had in the last decade or so.

Just because it's old doesn't mean they are necessarily obsolete.

There are many of Waves classic plugins that are still desired by many after all this time. Although I agree they should upgrade the nasty looking GUIs, make them more inviting to use.

Waves old L1 & L2 are still favoured by many, their Neve, SSL, and API still get used heavily. There are those that actually prefer there sound over the competitors too. I'm not saying they are better, I don't want to start any flame wars. Better, in this sense is a matter or personal perspective, its very subjective. There is no right or wrong when it comes to that.

Ren Bass, Maxx Bass, Ren Vocals, Maxx Volume 1 & 2, H-Comp, H-Delay, C1, Linear Phase Eq, Trans-X, I could go on, but I see these mentioned countless of times amongst pros and enthusiasts alike... when they're not mentioning Slate or UAD that is... :P

Even plugins can develop classic status, not just hardware. As we move more and more into the digital age it is becoming more commonplace.

It's TrueVerb.

sprnva wrote:It's TrueVerb.
:(
Already have it, and never use it.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Effects”