z3ta 2 update?(bug fixes)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Z3TA+

chk071 wrote:Did you open the command center, when Z3TA prompted you to? Had something weird yesterday too, it said it is in demo mode, then my internet went down (router software problem probably), and the command center couldn't connect, and i had to unplug the router, and when i had internet again, Z3TA was activated without having to open the command center. The command center is probably a bit buggy too, Cakewalk typical. *cough cough*

You definitely have to be logged in in the command center, so you should at least open it once, if you haven't already done so.
I did, and after that reinstalled trough command center. Nothing seems to trigger the registration.
Shows Z3TA under connected products with the version and serial. I did get a new serial for version 2.2 so I guess something went wrong there.
Ticket made at Cakewalk support.

Updated this and Rapture Pro with new content. Things APPEAR to be working well here. Will dive deeper later.

This update (or rather the stupid new command center anti piracy app) has fubared my z3ta2 on the mac at least. Had to revert top 2.1.2. I tried the suggested workaround but it didn't help so I uninstalled the command center. Hopefully they can allow us to use this new update without this command center nonsense.
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

thejonsolo wrote:Updated this and Rapture Pro with new content.
What new content? I installed the update but do I also need to install new libraries?

thejonsolo wrote:Updated this and Rapture Pro with new content. Things APPEAR to be working well here. Will dive deeper later.
just unpacked the old content and new content & compared them - it's a bit of a mess! Whilst there's no new programs (but clearly the programs have been updated as they differ in size) there's QUITE a lot of changes in the multisample content - and not merely additions, some stuff has gone (for example the DSF examples samples). Fine if you're doing a fresh install (won't miss what you never had) but messy when updating, means I'm going to have to keep the 'original' soundset installers AND the 'new' ones backed up as if I ever do a full reinstall on a new machine I may have my own presets using content that has vanished in the 'new' soundset installers :(

aMUSEd wrote:
thejonsolo wrote:Updated this and Rapture Pro with new content.
What new content? I installed the update but do I also need to install new libraries?
guess that would depend on exactly when your downloaded and installed rpro - when it was originally release the soundsets (12) installers were :

Rapture_pro_Core_Legacy_Content_Pack_Vol1_006
Rapture_pro_Core_Legacy_Content_Pack_Vol2_006
Rapture_pro_Core_Legacy_Content_Pack_Vol3_006
Rapture_pro_Gibson_Content_pack_Vol4_006
Rapture_pro_Analog_Content_pack_Vol5_006
Rapture_pro_Orchestral_Content_pack_Vol6_006
Rapture_pro_Pianos_Content_pack_Vol7_006
Rapture_pro_Organs_Content_pack_Vol8_006
Rapture_pro_World_FX_Content_pack_Vol9_006
Rapture_pro_Concert_Grand_Harp_Content_pack_Vol10_006
Rapture_pro_Pianet_Content_pack_Vol11_006
Rapture_pro_Clavinet_Content_pack_Vol12_006

looking in control centre now it wants to re-download all the content, which is now packaged up differently (same online if manually downloading it) - new soundsets installers (11) are:

D-ProPart1_003
D-ProPart2_003
RaptureClassic_003
RapturePro_Atmospheric_002
RapturePro_GuitarAndBass_001
RapturePro_Keys_001
RapturePro_Orchestral_002
RapturePro_Percussion_001
RapturePro_SoundFX_001
RapturePro_Synths_001
RapturePro_WorldInstruments_001

as I just mentioned I unpacked both the old and new soundsets and compared the programs and multisamples folders - no new programs, but clearly every program has changed (different size - might just be due to resaving with the new version, might be real changes in the program) and more worryingly in the multisamples folder there's some folders that were in the old soundsets that are gone from the new.

chk071 wrote:You don't have to. It can be installed without the command center too. It didn't let me choose the VST plugin path though, i was only able to do so when using the command center. Not sure if that's normal or not. Per default, it installs the VST in /ProgramFiles/Cakewalk/Vstplugins here, but that might be due to some registry key still present from the last time i had Z3TA 2 installed on my system, could be different for you. I don't like loads of license managers on my system either, the Cakewalk command center doesn't seems to be very interferring though.
How can it be installed without the Command Center? I installed CC anyway, but Z3ta+ 2 doesn't show up there (as many others have noted), and it doesn't show up as a product I own on Cakewalk's own website.

But I bought this by itself once, and got it with Sonar Platinum once, so I'm pretty sure I own it. :wink:

All the links I've followed from this thread to Cakewalk's site only point to the changelog, which also states you have to use the Command Center. I'd just like to know where I can get the file if I don't need to use CC.

Thanks!

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote: I'd just like to know where I can get the file if I don't need to use CC.
I found the installer file in my account on the cakewalk site.
Under "my Products" there are sections for win & apple, under each it says:
"Select a product from below to generate a download link:"
click on "Z3TA+ 2" tag and a link should appear below to the right.

However I haven't found anyone say they have successfully installed AND activated it without CC so I downloaded but haven't installed. As I mentioned earlier, personally I would rather do without it than install CC, too much overhead software for one dll that I only occasionally use.

Downloaded and installed latest version. Started up the stand-alone and went to change my midi input from the plug's menu.
Crashed. It's been running in the background all day and I can't kill it even with full privileges. I imagine it will go away if I restart, but I haven't felt like doing that yet. windows 8.1
I used command center to install it, but I'm thinking of uninstalling cc. If I need to download in the future, I think I can just install cc for the time I need it, not sure.

Psyclapse wrote:
planetearth wrote: I'd just like to know where I can get the file if I don't need to use CC.
I found the installer file in my account on the cakewalk site.
Under "my Products" there are sections for win & apple, under each it says:
"Select a product from below to generate a download link:"
click on "Z3TA+ 2" tag and a link should appear below to the right.

However I haven't found anyone say they have successfully installed AND activated it without CC so I downloaded but haven't installed. As I mentioned earlier, personally I would rather do without it than install CC, too much overhead software for one dll that I only occasionally use.
I think it is not possible to activate it without CC.

Like I said this is directly from a CW employee.....

"That is correct, authorization for Z3TA+ 2.2 is through Command Center".

The problem is if Z3TA+2 is your only CW product who is going to want to install the Command Center just to authorize one product ? I own Sonar X3, Rapture, Dim Pro (purchased before they were included in Sonar) and of course Z3TA. I've seen enough posts on CW's forums about issues that there's no way I'm going to take a chance that the CCC will hose any of my installations which are working just perfectly right now. :?

Like I said I've already got N.I.'s Service Center, IK's License Manager, iLok E-Licenser, and if I decide to get one of Arturia's synths I'll have their License Manager as well. I don't want a separate Manager for every plugin I own some of which are invasive such as the iLok manager and some that connect to the internet every 24 hours like CW's Command Center is reported to do......... :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

All this licenser stuff really has only one purpose, to protect against piracy. So we end up clogging up our systems with this convoluted crudware just so they don't get ripped off by a few people. I understand it, but often time sit is way too heavy handed and in this case simply doesn't work and at our expense.
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

Some managers I actually find useful such as N.I.'s Service Center which makes checking for, downloading, and installing updates easy but I'm not a huge fan of something like the Pace E-Licenser which actually runs constantly as a process:

Anyway it's obvious that the main function of these managers is to protect the company's intellectual property and I don't have a problem with them protecting their work.....

The trick is to strike a balance between protecting the software and protecting the legitimate user.

In this particular case with CW's Command Center I've seen enough posts from users reporting problems with installation and authorization that I don't think the benefit of installing a minor Z3TA update outweighs the risk of having to deal with possible authorization issues with all my other CW software.

I can't imagine anyone who picks up Z3TA+2 new as part of a holiday sale as the only CW software they own wanting to install an entire license manager "Command Center" just for that plugin. But hey what do I know........ :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Mine is also running in demo mode.

Garfferen wrote:Mine is also running in demo mode.
Mine too, after updating to v2.2.

I can't see a way to authorize, or trigger offline authorization anywhere. WTH?

Return to “Instruments”