soundtoys V5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Main problem with the rack for me is: if you have a lot of modules inserted in a rack and want to add another one, you have to scroll all the way down and drop the new module at exactly the right spot, otherwise you'll substitute the last module in the chain, and if you haven't saved before you´re screwed. It's a bit clumsy the rack, but it all sounds very good.

Jax Pok wrote:The rack is not resizeable I wish it was.
Ah. Thank you. Looks large enough for me in the things I've seen, thankfully. :party:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

So far, Soundtoys themselves have put it on sale for $299. Looking around to see if it pops on some of the other likely candidate sites for less.

So far, $268.99 in the cart at AudioDeluxe. Hell, these guys outta put me on the payroll... :party:

...still looking around...

$268.69 over at plugindiscounts

You won't find it lower than their education discount which is 50% off their normal full price.
:borg:

Still NOTHING as good as "echoboy" but the others were, "ok" so I ended up selling it. Not exactly the most CPU efficient thing either (though V5 may be more optimized)

It's a good deal.

However, seems that there's no discount on upgrades to V5 from individual plugs - my shown 'Trade Up' price is still $360

Make sure you demo Devil-Loc Deluxe on the Drum bus it's a must have for that. Use the default setting and turn mix to 4.

samsam wrote:It's a good deal.

However, seems that there's no discount on upgrades to V5 from individual plugs - my shown 'Trade Up' price is still $360
Same here... wonder if they'll fix that or they'll leave it like this.

Did you select your current Soundtoys plugins to trade in for the upgrade?. If you own all Soundtoys plugins apart from Primaltap you can get the upgrade price down to $50

One of the minor but very irrirating feature in Soundtoy plugins is that when you browse the presets to find some suitable base setting to make your owns adjustements, there's no "killing" (gate) of the previous signal/preset.
Example: launch some piano application, e.g. Truepianos to the channel, Echoboy after that, choose a preset 1 from the Eboy, press the piano key to listen the effect, the launch the Eboy preset change, now the next preset sound starts without pressing the piano key, the new sound continues directly after the previous, browsing the presets creates a mess of sounds.
Most stupid feature, Am I really the only one this bothers?

Jax Pok wrote:Did you select your current Soundtoys plugins to trade in for the upgrade?. If you own all Soundtoys plugins apart from Primaltap you can get the upgrade price down to $50
It's the same for me and all i have is an upgrade link next to the two plugins for $360 i have, both can't be combined so not sure what's going on, seems odd when it's less to buy ST5 outright!

Was gonna contact support to see if it's an oversight, seems like it should be if native owners get a discount...
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

incubus wrote:Still NOTHING as good as "echoboy" but the others were, "ok" so I ended up selling it. Not exactly the most CPU efficient thing either (though V5 may be more optimized)
Thank you for confirming. I was going to go for it, but I knew that the grass was not greener. It never is.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Soundtoys use up a lot of CPU because they are modelling analogue gear. A first gen i7 from 2008 can handle them and they can be overclocked a massive amount.

musikmachine wrote:
Jax Pok wrote:Did you select your current Soundtoys plugins to trade in for the upgrade?. If you own all Soundtoys plugins apart from Primaltap you can get the upgrade price down to $50
It's the same for me and all i have is an upgrade link next to the two plugins for $360 i have, both can't be combined so not sure what's going on, seems odd when it's less to buy ST5 outright!

Was gonna contact support to see if it's an oversight, seems like it should be if native owners get a discount...
It's not an oversight. I asked the same thing on their Facebook page and got a link on their FAQ stating that since the upgrade is already a discount, they never have a sale on the upgrades...

Return to “Effects”