New WAVES Plugin Black Friday Giveaway.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mushy Mushy wrote::(
Already have it, and never use it.
After watching this last night I thought it might be H-Delay ;)

sprnva wrote:It's TrueVerb.
Not that it matters because I'm going to install it anyway, but, what do people think about this? Obviously since you never use it, you must like other reverbs better, but what does it compare with?

I'm trying to build up my excitement before I get my serial(s)!

I've never had any Waves stuff before and i don't really understand the whole WUP thing, if i get this freebie will it install loads of other stuff besides the plugin itself? What's the authorisation procedure and can i reinstall it at a later date on another machine without any hassle?

Oh yeah, and is it any good?

ghettosynth wrote:
Not that it matters because I'm going to install it anyway, but, what do people think about this? Obviously since you never use it, you must like other reverbs better, but what does it compare with?

I'm trying to build up my excitement before I get my serial(s)!
It is a nice freebie. I have mine in my Gold licence, so i'll be allowed another one.
Having it on my portable/travel laptop will be a nice addition.

I much prefer H-Reverb.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

H-Reverb is simple amazing and so flexible with its tone.

However, it is a bit DSP heavy. So there install a need to use lighter CPU reverbs on secondary parts, perhaps this is what TrueVerb can offer some.

simon.a.billington wrote:H-Reverb is simple amazing and so flexible with its tone.

However, it is a bit DSP heavy. So there install a need to use lighter CPU reverbs on secondary parts, perhaps this is what TrueVerb can offer some.
Indeed. This is why it will be great on the portable rig.

mutantdog wrote:I've never had any Waves stuff before and i don't really understand the whole WUP thing, if i get this freebie will it install loads of other stuff besides the plugin itself? What's the authorisation procedure and can i reinstall it at a later date on another machine without any hassle?

Oh yeah, and is it any good?
WUP basically lets you download updates to plugins. Without wup, you're stuck with the version that you have. They seldom seem to update plugins, I don't bother with wup.

They use their own licenser. What I really like about it is that you can store the license on a usb-drive and treat it like a dongle. I think that it's a great system and I would like to see them license it to other devs. You don't have to store the license on a thumb drive, you can store it on teh computer if you want.

Mushy Mushy wrote:
:(

horrifying reverb. Can be possible to create a very small room but that's it's only use. It truly is one of the first and one of the worst reverb plugins on the market. what were they thinking, every entry level waves bundle has that. Only non waves customers at all won't have it.

That said i will get it then give it to someone who missed it (no i am not going to sell it like so many in the kvr MP which is full of free products being resold LOL).

Personally i'd pick almost any other reverb every time over that or ren verb. Both metallic junk.

Never tried h reverb, but the convolution one (IR-1) and the marroquin (i think also convolution based) are very nice. I should try h reverb out of curiosity, i am sure these days waves can make a great algorithmic verb.

TheoM wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:

horrifying reverb. Can be possible to create a very small room but that's it's only use. It truly is one of the first and one of the worst reverb plugins on the market. what were they thinking, every entry level waves bundle has that. Only non waves customers at all won't have it.

That said i will get it then give it to someone who missed it (no i am not going to sell it like so many in the kvr MP which is full of free products being resold LOL).

Personally i'd pick almost any other reverb every time over that or ren verb. Both metallic junk.

Never tried h reverb, but the convolution one (IR-1) and the marroquin (i think also convolution based) are very nice. I should try h reverb out of curiosity, i am sure these days waves can make a great algorithmic verb.
Yeah, but is it a good reverb :)

ghettosynth wrote:
TheoM wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:

Yeah, but is it a good reverb :)

:hihi:

only you can be the judge of that of course.

Theo, thanks for your detailed review.

You do make a good point that to entice new Waves users they should be offering something exceptional, or at the very least, above average.

That said, it's a freebie so hey ho.

A reverb. :hyper: Usually trust Theo's opinion about reverbs though, but well, let's see. It's free, it's cool. :)

chk071 wrote:A reverb. :hyper: Usually trust Theo's opinion about reverbs though, but well, let's see. It's free, it's cool. :)
Why, because he goes on and on and on?

Theo, joking dude :tu: You do tend to write lengthy, yet very informative, posts 8)

well i must admit my post was actually pretty poor in that i didn't really explain why it's shit. Basically, it's a VERY metallic sound and very grainy and it's almost impossible to dial it out. It can be useful when you don't have something vastly superior (like valhalla room for example), to dial in a small room sound to add a touch of wetness to drums. That's it. I can't find any other use for trueverb. Maybe that's why it's called trueverb cause it sounds like a totally untreated studio room?

I have similar problems with ren verb. Although it's infinitely smoother it's still very twangy and metallic.. it's really tricky to get rid of but i could get away with using it in a pinch if i absolutely had to (on a bus followed by a very tweakable eq like acon or pro q).

Now i am NOT saying that a smooth verb is wanted in every scenario, i myself have uses for metallic tank sounds sometimes (rarely but i have used them). It's just that if you are expecting any sort of reasonable tail out of trueverb forget it. I would only use it when no tail was audible at all, nothing more than half a second or so.

I am sure Sean at Valhalla and relab can verify my findings here :)

Sigh @ yet another license manager to install... freebie or not, this is an annoyment. Soon will end up with 20 different license managers installed on my machine.

Thanks for the heads up Theo. I'm not really a fan of metallic sounding reverbs tbh. Like you, i hardly find a musical use for those. Also appears to me that this would be rather used for percussions or the likes.
Last edited by chk071 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”