SPL Rangers EQ for 9$ worth it ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EQ Rangers Vol. 1 SPL Eq Rangers Vol. 1

samsam wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:It's just another mediocre and obsolete EQ plugin, like so many of them out there.
Ah, so no presets planned then.
niggle, niggle, nag, nag, niggle, niggle.

^ hehe. drench that in reverb and maybe some delay, could sound good no? :-)

simon.a.billington wrote:You kidding right?? Of course its worth $9, their really worth much more than that.

They take a lot of guess work out of finding suitable frequencies for each source, and if you can't fix it quickly with that, then you know you've got bigger problems and will need something more flexible.

Just because they are older, doesn't mean they aren't any good. What about these Fairchilds and LA2As or your classic Neves and SSLs everybody seems to want to model.

Those things are considerably older and based on technology designed and built with far less knowledge than we have had over the last 10 years.

Of course the Rangers are worth $9, but its only really worth it if you use them.

perfect post.

Always nice to hear when someone thinks I've said something right... Helps offset all those when times I've said too many wrong things!! Hahaha

samsam wrote:^ hehe. drench that in reverb and maybe some delay, could sound good no? :-)
Why'd u have to be so mean? :hihi:
musisikamar.com

TheoM wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote:
TheoM wrote:..but he never got involved in bashing and always intelligently explained to me his point of view ;) )
You seem quite happy to get involved in bashing yourself though Theo. You got very personal in your buss processing thread - directly insulted me and my ability and then cowardly locked the thread. Care to link to music you've mixed or mastered so I can pass judgement on it?

pot kettle black. I never insult someone so personally first. Ever. You said i didn't know the difference between mixing and mastering, you had a jab first, i had one back. The difference is I am a man who admits what he did but you only make excuses for YOUR initial insult that sparked the reply, and keep trying to pretend it wasn't one. Nice try, but no dice. ;) My comment was a lot less direct and a lot less insulting than yours and was made directly back on the topic you yourself insulted ME on. I am amazed you can't see the context it was made in.
I only pressed "display this post" because i knew you were going to try something like this. That said, it's much easier to just let you write whatever nonsense you want and not to read it. So, carry on.
As far as my music, i only share that for free with friends. No one here even has a clue what my artist name is. Who knows, you might have heard it many times before. I have no interest in joining the KVR music cafe, never have never will.
You make a lot of big statements.. then proceed to break your own rules time and time again. This is fine - it's actually very human. I've done it myself as my dad has pointed out to me a few times. But, if you hold everyone up against some holier than thou moral code every time you visit the forum you're going to find fault with everyone eventually. Just chill out Theo - don't take this place so seriously - and accept that people are going to disagree with you. Yes I could have said what I meant in a different way to cater for those that are more sensitive but then that's not really me - I can be pretty direct. Anyway, let me publicly apologise for the insinuation - I won't mention it again.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

xamido wrote: Why'd u have to be so mean? :hihi:
Actually that was a genuine smiley/dick comment to try and take the sting out of the original post by being funny :P

samsam wrote:
xamido wrote: Why'd u have to be so mean? :hihi:
Actually that was a genuine smiley/dick comment to try and take the sting out of the original post by being funny :P
Well if the eq was good we'd have pages of eq'd sound sample drenched in reverb and delay demos instead. :lol:
musisikamar.com

Sampleconstruct wrote:It's just another mediocre and obsolete EQ plugin, like so many of them out there.
Please explain what obsolete means? Does it suddenly cease to be an eq at some given point?

do_androids_dream wrote:
Please explain what obsolete means? Does it suddenly cease to be an eq at some given point?
-> neglectible, not necessary, unimportant, obsolete, average, mediocre. I bought it many years ago for almost 200 bucks and soon noticed how obsolete it was in my setup. I really like the other SPL stuff though.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote:
-> neglectible, not necessary, unimportant, obsolete, average, mediocre. I bought it many years ago for almost 200 bucks and soon noticed how obsolete it was in my setup. I really like the other SPL stuff though.
Ah I see, obsolete for you personally. I thought it was one of those grandiose statements that are prevalent around here :hihi:

All this over a $9 plugin. :dog:

Look, this is getting really into pinching pennies now. :?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

trimph1 wrote:All this over a $9 plugin. :dog:

Look, this is getting really into pinching pennies now. :?
Which was initially sold for €239.50 :wink:
It's easy if you know how

do_androids_dream wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote:
Ah I see, obsolete for you personally. I thought it was one of those grandiose statements that are prevalent around here :hihi:
Yes, me, my cat, my wife, my friends, neighbors', dentist.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote:
Yes, me, my cat, my wife, my friends, neighbors', dentist.
I expect the frequency range doesn't extend high enough for your cat.

Return to “Effects”