Flesh, new Reaktor instrument from Tim Exile.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I tried the demo, it doesn't live up to the expectations of augmented sonic reality, this is not that ensemble IMO too basic with the main controls and would need

Reaktor to get under the hood so i think i'll buy R6 first and wait for K11. Maybe i need to spend more time with it but £89 seems to much for what it does.

I'll look out for what you do with marvotron, can you upload your builds to the user library or is that not allowed?
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Its not allowed, there's never any derivatives of commercial stuff in the User Lib.

The longer term approach would be to see how exactly the ideas are implemented and rebuild them from scratch, kind of like a 'grey box' approach : i.e. you build the copy as a black box, similar inputs and outputs but there may be cases where you have to use the same technique internally to replicate that behaviour but avoid directly copying and pasting the modules from the original. :)

Again my interest is purely in the sample manipulation section and the control signals it generates the actual synth sections dont really interest me at all.

Numanoid wrote:Expect it to be included in Komplete 11, so why not wait and pick up both this and Reaktor 6 at the same time ;)
because Reaktor is rubbish and caters only to the sound designer who does modular. How many of those around these days?

You can do something similar in Ableton's vocoder by sidechaining drums through it. You can also get more flexibility in poly sounds too by simply sidechaining through a gate and using any synth so not restricted to just a harsh vocoder type sound.

marvotron wrote:Hopefully there will come a V2 (or maybe advanced version) where the sub-section panels are given a proper UI treatment and are accessible to all, because I think it makes the instrument 100 times more interesting.
Maybe this time it will be different but - to the best of my knowledge - neither of Tim's previous efforts received any further attention in terms of their sonic potential.

m/

Kinh wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Expect it to be included in Komplete 11, so why not wait and pick up both this and Reaktor 6 at the same time ;)
because Reaktor is rubbish and caters only to the sound designer who does modular. How many of those around these days?
Kinh wrote: You can do something similar in Ableton's vocoder by sidechaining drums through it. You can also get more flexibility in poly sounds too by simply sidechaining through a gate and using any synth so not restricted to just a harsh vocoder type sound.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:
Kinh wrote:
Kinh wrote: You can do something similar in Ableton's vocoder by sidechaining drums through it. You can also get more flexibility in poly sounds too by simply sidechaining through a gate and using any synth so not restricted to just a harsh vocoder type sound.
Really?

ghettosynth wrote: So I have some questions now. Does the transient information operate independently on the table data? That is, it isn't an audio processor, per se, rather, it's an operation that creates a new table of transient data that's linked in time to the sample data?
Ok, here's what I know now :)

The transient data is stored separately. There are 2 shared tables that the analysis phase fills in and are then used by the playback section.

1. Slice List

This is a list of slices for each loaded file, so far I can see it has :
Slice Start (samples), Slice Length (samples), Centroid value, Velocity value.

2. Loop Data

This is the data about each file :

Total length in samples
Threshold setting (for transient generation)
Steps (16ths)
Bars
Gain
Total number of 16ths
Step Offset

These pretty much map directly to the controls in the sample edit panel.
ghettosynth wrote: What generates the pitch information, is this just some quasi-random process that's applying some transform to the spectral data?
Im just starting to look at the analysis section, so far It mainly seems to be based on a combination of filters and RMS levels. The 'centroid' data is generated into 3 tables : Hi, Lo and All (both combined).
Hi is from a 1 pole static Hi Pass set at 10 KHz and Lo is a 1 pole Low Pass set at 50 Hz, each sent into their own RMS macros.

thats all for now :)

Tim started a Tumblr to showcase some of the things people have done with Flesh:

http://fleshouts.tumblr.com/

I like the Chipfunk one, and the one that Tim apparently did starting with the sound of pretzel munching.

I've been playing with Flesh and find interesting results come when you turn up the BPMs, use odd-numbered beats and use the multi-outs to different channels with a little overdrive on the mono and poly synth channels to add a bit of grit.

Thanks. Gonna wait till i have Reaktor before getting this so i can get under the hood it but some nice sounding demos there, thanks for posting!
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

I am impressed with it so far after watching part of the one and a half hour tutorial. It was a bit disappointing hearing him say that they decided to leave out a bunch of controls that would have let the user go deeper into it.

Even more gear from Tim, this time a freebie FLOWs

https://tim-exile.myshopify.com/products/flows

Numanoid wrote:Even more gear from Tim, this time a freebie FLOWs

Can you load your own samples? This might be a really interesting tool to use for generating ambient soundscapes :)
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Even more gear from Tim, this time a freebie FLOWs

Can you load your own samples? This might be a really interesting tool to use for generating ambient soundscapes :)
That's what I am hoping for.
Did not read the feature list.
Hope can use my samples.

did all the forms
Now how do I download it?

Kalamata Kid wrote:Now how do I download it?
You add it to basket, checkout, pay nothing, and then get download link

I aint got Reaktor 6 uploaded at this time so I can't check it out at this particular time. But the loop content included in the zip file is included in a separate sub-folder, in WAV format.

So as those loops are not incorporated into the ENS file itself, I don't see why users shouldn't be able to load their own WAV samples into the ensemble, alongside the WAV files provided by Exile.

Return to “Instruments”