Vocaloid 4 Dex and Daina are released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Both banks are already available @ Zero-G
I find both voices sound really good and I prefer Daina's timbre to Cyber Diva's.
Each voice bank for $ 49,99 and both banks for $ 89,99 !!!
https://www.zero-g.co.uk/store/vocaloid4-dex-p544.php
http://www.zero-g.co.uk/store/vocaloid4-daina-p545.php

Oh, I forgot to say that these are English Vocaloid 4 Banks .
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

They sound really good.

NB: "This is not a ´standalone´ product. It requires the VOCALOID4 EDITOR from YAMAHA"
http://en.vocaloidstore.com/index.php?g ... oductname=

That's another $100 (sale price, normally $131)

It may be the English language but they are in American accents.
Last edited by DarkStar on Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:NB: "This is not a ´standalone´ product. It requires the VOCALOID4 EDITOR from YAMAHA"
http://en.vocaloidstore.com/index.php?g ... oductname=

It may be the English language but they are in American accents.

And your point is?

** EDIT ** Oh, I'm sorry. I just noticed you're from the UK.

Never mind.

That a further purchase is needed to use the new products. And you may not want American-accented lyrics. That's all.
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:That a further purchase is needed to use the new products. And you may not want American-accented lyrics. That's all.
You know what I find amusing. When people talk about American accented lyrics. Do you remember the Beatles? They sang American accented lyrics. In fact, I don't know one popular group or singer from the UK in the history of pop music that sang British accented lyrics. In fact, when I used to sing (I don't anymore) people used to rag on me because I sang with a British accent. I don't have any idea how I developed it but it just came out that way.

If you turn on the radio, you hear American accented lyrics. Yes, there are a few exceptions in hip-hop, reggae and some other clearly foreign styles. But pop music, for the most part, which is what you would use Vocaloid for, is American. Even country music is still American.

So I still don't know what your point is as pretty much anybody who would be interested in this product would want a singer that sounds American.

And even if not, if you just listen to the demo, which is clearly posted, you can hear what they sound like and determine for yourself if you think the vocal sound is what you want.

And I think most people who are interested in Vocaloid libraries know that they need Vocaloid to use them.

So again, what's your point?

Agreed.

My main point was that the v4 Editor is needed too. As for the accent I only mentioned that as the product descriptions mentioned it.
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:Agreed.

My main point was that the v4 Editor is needed too. As for the accent I only mentioned that as the product descriptions mentioned it.
You know what? If people can't read clear warnings on a site (yeah, I know, some people don't read) then shame on them. I never buy anything before reading the system requirements. In fact, these days, with very rare exceptions, I won't buy any software unless it has a demo so I can see that it runs on my PC. I hesitated buying Vocaloid and Diva because of no demo but Yamaha assured me they would help me get it to work if I had any problems. I also recently bought Falcon while holding my breath on that one as well. Fortunately, it does work even though there are some bugs in the sampler section.

the understandability of the lyrics seems to be improved and is very good! unfortunaltely the voices themselves Sound as chipmunks-alike & comical as usual. it's a pitty that they do not intend to reproduce a natural voice Timbre. "Vocaliod Prima" was a step in the right direction, but they did not develop that further.
Last edited by TrekStar on Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

" In fact, I don't know one popular group or singer from the UK in the history of pop music that sang British accented lyrics"

David Bowie
Pink Floyd

Just for clarification, if you already have the Vocaloid 3 Editor and Piapro Studio, you don't need to buy the Vocaloid 4 Editor in order to use V4 libraries. Piapro accepts them. I'm running vocaloid 2, 3, and 4 in Piapro. I can still use the stand-alone vocaloid editors if I need to. My vocaloid 1 libraries all work on windows 8.1, so I do use the voc 1 editor for those.

Just listened to the demos ... man, if that's the state of the art, call me in a few years please!

Unless you actively like the of-course-it-sounds-fake-that's-the-point fake as f*ck voices, I can't see why anyone would bother.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

lingyai wrote:Just listened to the demos ... man, if that's the state of the art, call me in a few years please!

Unless you actively like the of-course-it-sounds-fake-that's-the-point fake as f*ck voices, I can't see why anyone would bother.
Musicians who play in symphony orchestras could say the same thing about string libraries. In comparison to the real thing, they sound terribly fake to the trained ear.

Vocaloid fills a need and has its place. Nothing, no matter how good it is, will ever replace a real singer.

Just like no string library will ever replace a real violin section.

Yes, it is often true that sampled strings sound fake, but not always. Matter of degree. I have heard many orchestral libraries which sound actually decently convincing -- and at all events nowhere near as fake at their jobs as Vocaloid is with its. For example, when played, the Blakus cello (for Kontakt) to me immedietaly suggest a cello, whereas Vocaloid sound like a cartoon character.

As for non-phrase vocal libraries, I've been able to get realistic results with a few of them (usually when the articulation is just a vowel vs a word, and when it's not too ''exposed"). To my ears, utter fakeness seem baked into Vocaliod's feature set. If that's what's sought, fair play to everyone who enjoys it.

I'd also point out that in the past I've been disappointed to find that to achieve anything like the sound of the "official" vocaloid demo tracks takes me much more hard work than I'd imagined. I say this after using Vocaoloid and the latest full editor two years ago.

Not attacking anyone for liking that distinctive robotic sound, just saying that,for me at least, that's all you get from Vocaloid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Realitone blue is far better

Return to “Instruments”