eaReckon - EAReverb 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EAReverb 2

Oh man... pretty excited by this. Especially the POS mode has gotten me intrigued. I've always been a fan of Eareverb, and this seems to take it at least three levels higher.. plus, the upgrade is enticingly affordable... 45 bucks! How cruel to release this during the black friday madness!

Been playing around with the demo the whole day. First of all, the reverb sounds AMAZING!! Even the old algorithms sound better than before.. the only downside to this is that I was not able to match EAReverb version 1 presets with version 2. They simply do not sound the same, even if I try to match the settings exactly.

This is no biggie though as I own the first version and because version 2 sounds even better.

There are a few missed opportunities with the POS mode. First of all, to be able to use this for quick movie effect and positioning work, the DRY sound needs a gentle lowpass filter (or configurable high-shelf). Going 100% for extreme distances and depth never works properly. You always need some amounts of the dry sound to "fake" distance and that dry sound needs to be equalized.

Of course this is a relatively minor issue as I'd just do it with another plugin but it'd be very nice to have everything within EAReverb 2 to keep things simple.

Another missed opportunity is how the automation of the POS mode location "dot" works. Instead of having it's own automation data (like a simple X and Y position data), it instead moves all the internal parameters and thus creates a ton of automation data. This is of course good if you then later want to edit everything in detail but it's a nightmare for projects where you need to do things quickly. I'd rather have it switchable within the plugin. Editing only the X and Y positions of the knob would be a lot easier.

This plugin could be a serious contender for film post production.. heck, it already is, but it could be further developed in this area.

Anyhow, this is probably one of the best bang-for-the-buck reverbs out there. It sounds gorgeous. It's extremely flexible and affordable. Well done!! :D
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Now available!
Indeed! :party:
First of all, the reverb sounds AMAZING!!
I've always been a fan of Eareverb, and this seems to take it at least three levels higher
Many thanks for your messages!
Instead of having it's own automation data (like a simple X and Y position data), it instead moves all the internal parameters and thus creates a ton of automation data. This is of course good if you then later want to edit everything in detail but it's a nightmare for projects where you need to do things quickly.
This is definitely on the todo list ;-)
I first thought it would be more interesting to get the most possible "post-automation" editing possibilities but the more I use it, the more I'd like to get a simpler automation mode in some specific situations.
I will think about the best way to implement such an option (so we can choose between automating parameters and automating the point position only).
However, I will keep suggestions coming before I start to work on it.
To be honest, it is not an easy one to implement without introducing a certain level of confusion.
You always need some amounts of the dry sound to "fake" distance and that dry sound needs to be equalized.
Interesting suggestion.
I will think about it too (will do various tests).
Anyhow, this is probably one of the best bang-for-the-buck reverbs out there. It sounds gorgeous. It's extremely flexible and affordable. Well done!! :D
Thanks again, Bmanic!

Just grabbed the update (and TransReckon too). Excellent quality as usual -- thanks, Philippe!

A small suggestion for the website, clicking on a product's image should take you to the product's page.

It was somewhat confusing to me to go to http://www.eareckon.com/en/ then click on a product image... and nothing happens.

flugel45 wrote:Just grabbed the update (and TransReckon too). Excellent quality as usual -- thanks, Philippe!
Many thanks Flugel45!
A small suggestion for the website, clicking on a product's image should take you to the product's page.
Fixed!
Thanks for reporting this.

Oh man, shouldn't have demoed it! This is really a thing of beauty...sublime, gorgeous sound, and so flexible! Beautiful GUI, as well. Guess I'll splurge for that update soon. Another answer to the question "how many reverbs do you need?".....

... "er, one more?" ;)

So, all I've done today is demo reverb plug-ins. I've downloaded the demos of most of the stuff on sale for black friday (lx480, rp-verb, verberate, reverberate, h-verb, phoenix verb, r2, rvb500 and a good few more).

I've done through old projects with a v-rack in DP that contains probably 20 reverbs that I can cycle through. That way I have essentially a 'master send channel' that I can use as I open old projects... a very neat workflow.

Thusfar, of all the products I've tried, in general I'm preferring EAReverb. Reverberate and R2 in a tied second place, specifically Reverberate with the new Fusion bricasti library is unbeatable for some things.

Particularly I've enjoyed how easy it is for me to get fairly close emulate other reverbs with EAReverb. There's been plenty of instances where it's edged out by another product for a certain sound, but EAReverb can get close to so many products that it seems to be a fantastic value.

Still demoing stuff, but I thought I'd post my findings so far given how impressed I am with EAReverb in this environment of super sales.
Last edited by Robert Randolph on Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes, this reverb sounds great, and it is a joy to use : both so deep to tweak and easy to use.

Upgrade from ver 1 was my Black Friday gift to myself.

Lovely verb.

Anyone know that this plugin can do exponential curve of reverb tail? I played around demo but can't find it.

Many thanks for your positive messages, everyone :tu:
Anyone know that this plugin can do exponential curve of reverb tail? I played around demo but can't find it.
Phil, I'm not sure to answer your question with the following so please tell me if it is related to something else.
The decay curves in EAReverb 2 are "exponential" but it is not possible to change this curve from a specific parameter. Some algorithms provide "more exponential" curves than others but none provide a non-exponential one.
However, the late reverb as it is drawn in the ER screen (light gray triangle) does not reflect the decay curve.
This triangle has been thought to quickly check how long will be the late reverb and when it will start compared to early reflections (so we can easily set the Pre-Delay time).

Here is a picture with some waveforms generated from a burst of white noise processed by EAReverb 2:

All the best,
Philippe

sinkmusic wrote:Yes, this reverb sounds great, and it is a joy to use : both so deep to tweak and easy to use.
Thanks again for producing these waveshaper drum kits!
I'm still impressed by the decay and the quality of your electro kicks (but not only these for sure).
I'm glad one of them has been placed alone at the begining of the video :tu:

:D

PFozz wrote:Many thanks for your positive messages, everyone :tu:
Here is a picture with some waveforms generated from a burst of white noise processed by EAReverb 2:
Thank you Phillip, This picture is actually help me know about reverb tail shaping. :)

I have a few more question, and I decided to buy this one. Very cool flexible interface. :clap:

1. Can plugin control high and low freq decay time?, eg. valhalla room - Bass multi, High Multi and RC24,48 - bass, mid.

2. From that picture, I can mix ER with LR in different name, right? (eg. using XL at ER, and Auditorium at LR. and the curve will be Auditorium curve)

3. If I use them as aux, I should send full ER Leak -> reverb tail, and don't send any LR Direct for realistic?, I'm not sure. (because reverb will cause from ER.)

I would love to have some more preset and ER. :) I work mostly on film score, I like to have some more virtual space like church, or other hall to choose.

Return to “Effects”