Roland - SYSTEM-1 Software Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It really depends on the synth. You won't find a synth with lots of waveforms or wavetables which is as small as that. And with the Roland System-1, i figure you also have to have software which makes the plug out thing possible, as it's a little different to your usual VST. Bottom line, i don't think Roland will bloat up the file size just to piss people off.

They do it because they are lazy and thus don't provide the files separately, 32 vs 64 bit, manual and what not.

fluffy_little_something wrote:They do it because they are lazy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVCtkzIXYzQ

But seriously. :) I don't know if you're aware of how much work it is to write software. And there's also the thing that Roland sells those plugins for over 100 €, so to say they're just lazy when they don't provide separate downloads, or bloat up the installer is a little adventurous.

Not that i expect to change your mind in any way, think what you think. But for me it's much more handy to have one installer for both 32- and 64-bit installation, and VST, AAX and what not. And most people have a fast unrestricted connection these days, so Roland surely won't only serve the few percent which don't. As i said, i think much of the size is due to the plug-out implementation in the software anyway. Can't imagine the pure plugin to be that big.

There is no reason I'd be worried about the size being 100mb other than the fact I know exactly how much effort it takes to build a plugin, I know exactly how big it should be and what sort of things would take up extra space.

It doesn't have that sort of graphical content. What it is, is more like FL studio. I don't like FL studio's dumb installer because it comes with a huge amount of additional shit I simply do not want. I don't want all those bogus crap quality plugins or samples and wavetables, presets and so on.

Last time I checked the installer didn't even have the option not to install them, so when I was testing the demo of FL studio I was forced to install it, then put in a lot of effort to remove the parts I don't want, then FL studio no longer worked! So instead I reinstalled it, tested what I needed to test, removed it, then found the uninstallation didn't remove those additional shitparts and I had to repeat my effort to remove them afterward.

Lessons learned: 1) FL studio installer is a piece of garbage that comes with massive shit bloatware, 2) The stuff it actually installs is also all garbage.

Next time I'll use a virtual machine or something...

Unlike Reaper for instance which both gives the options to install or remove all components it comes with, and works just fine with none of those components installed. I'm forced to assume that this is due to whoever wrote FL studio being completely incompetent while the authors of Reaper are at least competent enough to write a proper installer.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

chk071 wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:They do it because they are lazy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVCtkzIXYzQ

But seriously. :) I don't know if you're aware of how much work it is to write software. And there's also the thing that Roland sells those plugins for over 100 €, so to say they're just lazy when they don't provide separate downloads, or bloat up the installer is a little adventurous.

Not that i expect to change your mind in any way, think what you think. But for me it's much more handy to have one installer for both 32- and 64-bit installation, and VST, AAX and what not. And most people have a fast unrestricted connection these days, so Roland surely won't only serve the few percent which don't. As i said, i think much of the size is due to the plug-out implementation in the software anyway. Can't imagine the pure plugin to be that big.
Why is it better to be forced to download stuff you know you won't use, anyway? And no, most people do not have unrestricted Internet connection, just a tiny fraction of the world population does.

Well, luckily I don't really care about Roland gear, I am more of a Korg and Yamaha guy :)

I've tried the demo and I can't run it on my 2009 macbook pro. A single instance overloads one of my cores. Unbelievable.

There's an update:
We are pleased to announce that the update for PLUG-OUT Software Synthesizer Series have been uploaded.

[Software Version]

- SH-101 PLUG-OUT Software Synthesizer Version 1.04
- SH-2 PLUG-OUT Software Synthesizer Version 1.03
- PROMARS PLUG-OUT Software Synthesizer Version 1.02
- SYSTEM-1 Software Synthesizer Version 1.01
- SYSTEM-100 PLUG-OUT Software Synthesizer Version 1.01

[Changes (common)]

- Fixed an issue where the activator displays incorrect error code when the activation failed.
- Improved CPU utilization when working. (Only SYSTEM-1 Software Synthesizer)

ClubHo wrote:There's an update:
We are pleased to announce that the update for PLUG-OUT Software Synthesizer Series have been uploaded.

[Software Version]

[Changes (common)]

- Fixed an issue where the activator displays incorrect error code when the activation failed.
I still get v1 when downloading the trial.
Where did you see the v1.01?

Improved CPU utilization when working.
So is that improved cpu utilization when the cpu utilization is working or when the plugin is working? :hihi:

aMUSEd wrote:
So is that improved cpu utilization when the cpu utilization is working or when the plugin is working? :hihi:
It means there is no improvement if you are unemployed. :tu:
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
It means there is no improvement if you are unemployed. :tu:
That's annoying, I tend to use plugins most on my days off.

D-Fusion wrote:
ClubHo wrote:There's an update:

[Software Version]

[Changes (common)]

I still get v1 when downloading the trial.
Where did you see the v1.01?

You need to login into your account to download it.

https://account.roland.com/

Just released the first part of SYSTEM-1 Software Synthesizer Sound Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gKbkhzbskE

Thanks for watching
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Can someone explain the polyphony in this for me.

It plays chords, but they are kind of "legato", release tails are cut off when new keys are pressed and the attack curves don't play either when you play chord sequence.

Weird stuff.

You mean something other than what limited polyphony usually does to sounds ?
My demo version timed out long time ago and i am too lazy to install it again (if it is even possible).
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Return to “Instruments”