1176 comp

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zeep wrote:Native Instruments has 50% off now on the vintage compressors. 2A, 76 and 160, modeled by Softube. Wet/dry, detector hp and sc.
€99,-

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... mpressors/
This question is for anybody... I haven't kept up with the latest regarding NI FX. Do you still have to use Guitar Rig to host them?

TheoM wrote:
xiphiuz wrote:
TheoM wrote:
electro wrote:UAD does the best ITB 1176....period.

for a pure hardware 1176 sound it is bang on agreed but sometimes one needs more versatility.

I actually use it in blue cat MB-7 so i can do it with wet/dry which is an issue IMO with the UAD. We are in a modern world so we don't always have to be limited to the constraints of old hardware.

Also it's impossible to stop it from reacting heavily to low frequencies when you DON'T want it to, and I haven't been able to work out a way in Logic to send a high passed version of the sound as a detector but to process the whole sound if that makes sense.

But for many sounds it's a game changer as far as quality is concerned (V2) and in combo with the LA2a for that classic la2a/1176 and vice versa combo, it's stunning.
For wet/dry (ny-style) you could set up an extra channel in your daw.. (one dry and one with the 1176)
For the s/c you could use a frequency splitter for that in logic or any other daw or even combine it with the thing above. But that said, the topicstarter just is asking for the best 1176 emulation. Please stop going offtopic and whining TheoM.
using blue cat for wet/dry is a much more elegant and simple solution. This is KVR and going on tangents is standard, that said, nothing wrong was written nor were any forum rules broken. I suggest you learn English and what the word "whining" means if you are going to so casually accuse someone of it, without actually having a clue.
Mute me if you don't want to read my posts, just as I have you now. Simple.
You also didn't understand what I meant by the highpass either. I already own a frequency splitter in MB-7. I was talking about bass cut detection but still broadband compression. I guess you probably don't know what broadband processing with high pass detection actually is. Why do so many people here want to pick a fight?
Oh and i will talk about whatever i want unless a mod tells me otherwise. Don't tell me what to do.
Since you have 20k posts or so, the mod probably won't do a thing.
btw I know how this works with broadband and multiband. But since the original doesn't have this, why should you bother to suggest this to the topicstarter? Even the hardware doesn't have this and still so many studios work with this hardware. Another solution is to compress the individual stems/tracks.

And muting? sigh...

flugel45 wrote:
zeep wrote:Native Instruments has 50% off now on the vintage compressors. 2A, 76 and 160, modeled by Softube. Wet/dry, detector hp and sc.
€99,-

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... mpressors/
This question is for anybody... I haven't kept up with the latest regarding NI FX. Do you still have to use Guitar Rig to host them?
Nope!

Thanks.

xiphiuz wrote:
TheoM wrote:
xiphiuz wrote:
TheoM wrote:

for a pure hardware 1176 sound it is bang on agreed but sometimes one needs more versatility.

I actually use it in blue cat MB-7 so i can do it with wet/dry which is an issue IMO with the UAD. We are in a modern world so we don't always have to be limited to the constraints of old hardware.

Also it's impossible to stop it from reacting heavily to low frequencies when you DON'T want it to, and I haven't been able to work out a way in Logic to send a high passed version of the sound as a detector but to process the whole sound if that makes sense.

But for many sounds it's a game changer as far as quality is concerned (V2) and in combo with the LA2a for that classic la2a/1176 and vice versa combo, it's stunning.
For wet/dry (ny-style) you could set up an extra channel in your daw.. (one dry and one with the 1176)
For the s/c you could use a frequency splitter for that in logic or any other daw or even combine it with the thing above. But that said, the topicstarter just is asking for the best 1176 emulation. Please stop going offtopic and whining TheoM.
using blue cat for wet/dry is a much more elegant and simple solution. This is KVR and going on tangents is standard, that said, nothing wrong was written nor were any forum rules broken. I suggest you learn English and what the word "whining" means if you are going to so casually accuse someone of it, without actually having a clue.
You also didn't understand what I meant by the highpass either. I already own a frequency splitter in MB-7. I was talking about bass cut detection but still broadband compression. I guess you probably don't know what broadband processing with high pass detection actually is. Why do so many people here want to pick a fight?
Oh and i will talk about whatever i want unless a mod tells me otherwise. Don't tell me what to do.
btw I know how this works with broadband and multiband. But since the original doesn't have this, why should you bother to suggest this to the topicstarter? Even the hardware doesn't have this and still so many studios work with this hardware. Another solution is to compress the individual stems/tracks.

And muting? sigh...
wrong again. The mods don't like me here so if i broke any rule it would be dealt with. But i didn't. You are the one that is veering this discussion more and more off topic.

Why should one suggest anything then? That's what your line of thinking seems to be.

Who gives a shit if the original doesn't have "this"? I recommended the softube specifically BECAUSE it adds so many features NOT on the original, that are relevant for production in today's world. Just because someone asks for an 1176 does not mean it has to be exact by having the same limitations as the hardware. As long as the compression itself sounds authentic, then the more features the merrier. It's pretty obvious what you are trying to do, finding an argument/reason for conflict when there never was one. Just usual kvr trolling. Anyway go ahead and say what you will, as it is the last time you will ever hear from me, ever, no matter what you say. My eyes won't even see it. Take care.

With the sale of fxpansions dcam dynamics bundle, you can't go wrong with the 1176 included. The entire bundle's less than $50 with jrrshop.

masterhiggins wrote:With the sale of fxpansions dcam dynamics bundle, you can't go wrong with the 1176 included. The entire bundle's less than $50 with jrrshop.

ok that's really cheap and good value. The 1176 is not the strong point of the package but it's still useful.

There is a really cool single band frequency dependant comp in it which is very cool and the bus comp is an early version of the glue but still excellent.

Have you tried the Hornet ? If you like it it's currently 17 euros not for long. I think it's a great deal and I found it sounds great I'm actually buying it.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

TheoM wrote:
xiphiuz wrote:
TheoM wrote:
xiphiuz wrote:
TheoM wrote:

And muting? sigh...
wrong again. The mods don't like me here so if i broke any rule it would be dealt with. But i didn't. You are the one that is veering this discussion more and more off topic.

Why should one suggest anything then? That's what your line of thinking seems to be.

Who gives a shit if the original doesn't have "this"? I recommended the softube specifically BECAUSE it adds so many features NOT on the original, that are relevant for production in today's world. Just because someone asks for an 1176 does not mean it has to be exact by having the same limitations as the hardware. As long as the compression itself sounds authentic, then the more features the merrier. It's pretty obvious what you are trying to do, finding an argument/reason for conflict when there never was one. Just usual kvr trolling. Anyway go ahead and say what you will, as it is the last time you will ever hear from me, ever, no matter what you say. My eyes won't even see it. Take care.
And some love back to you my fellow kvrian :)
You don't get my point. The topic starter asks for an 1176. Not a modded one. If he/she wanted that he/she probably would have mentioned it.

Return to “Effects”