SquaredHeads Nora: Arpeggiator (2.5 Released!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nora

I'm just chiming in to tell that I purchased Nora a couple of hours ago, and I've been playing with it since. All I can say is that I haven't been so happy with a plugin I've purchased like I am now. ever! This thing is f*#ing amazing piece of software, and it has squeezed my creative juices immediately like no other plugin ever has. I had followed this thread for months before pulling the trigger, so if there is someone who's doing the same thing, I dare you- GO BUY THE DARN THING! :D

What edge does NORA have if one already owns Sundog or Cthulhu to compare? (other than arpeggios and being fun, which they are).

macmuse wrote:What edge does NORA have if one already owns Sundog or Cthulhu to compare? (other than arpeggios and being fun, which they are).
Did you try the demo yet?

Yes but can't say I'm getting on with it yet. I'm sure people who have used it have a much better grasp and comparison than I would. I wanted to be ready in the event there is a Black Friday deal with it or Cthuhlu. ;)

macmuse wrote:Yes but can't say I'm getting on with it yet. I'm sure people who have used it have a much better grasp and comparison than I would. I wanted to be ready in the event there is a Black Friday deal with it or Cthuhlu. ;)
I use Cthulhu and Nora and really like both. I use Cthulhu primarily for chordal inspiration; the arp seems to be pretty deep, but I haven't spent much time with it; it can do alot, but I think there's a bit of a learning curve for it which I haven't been willing to pursue yet. You can load your own chords into it, which is a real plus since you may tire of the on-board chords after awhile.
Nora is extremely inspirational; the randomizer is fantastic; it's very intuitive and really needs some hands-on time to appreciate fully; version 3 is coming out next year.
You can use both Cthulhu and Nora together; set up a chord progression with Cthulhu and then experiment with various phrases from Nora directly affecting the output of your original progression.
You can send the output of Cthulhu to multiple channels in your DAW which can get interesting.
I don't think I've ever seen xfer have a sale; I could be mistaken, but I don't remember one.
You could post in squaredheads forum and ask about a sale, but I doubt it will be happening soon. I could be wrong.
In my opinion, both plugins are worth more than the asking price, especially Nora.

I pretty much second what Musical Gym said. Every one of those apps has its own selling point. For Cthulhu it's being the Bach Coral repertoire which gives you endless of chord sequences, and Nora it must be the amazing randomizer. Almost every attempt yields useful results. In addition, the piano-roll like interface makes editing a breeze. The total package is so inspiring! FWIW, Cthulhu demo had been sitting in my VST folder since it came out, and I came back to it every once in a while to see if I could click with it but I never had. Nothing about it had inspired me, and as I see it, that's the whole point of this type of plugins.

Thank you very much, both of you. Those were things I wanted to know. Is there advantage to Nora over Sundog?

Try Sundog demo and watch the videos if you haven't already.

Also, watch Nora videos.

I haven't much experience with Sundog yet, but the developer is working hard on it.

Nora's developer(s) is constantly working on Nora.

You might find some things in each that you like.

By the way, Kirnu Cream is on sale right now for $18 at http://www.kirnuarp.com/

Sale may run through Sunday (tentative). That's also a great tool. Demo is fully functional except for saving presets if you want to try it first.

I will definitely be a buyer of Nora on a Black Friday or Cyber Monday sale.

But how likely is that? Do they ever have sales?

I saw this since you can use it without Max for live now and it cheap as chips.
J74 Progressive SE. I still like Nora too.

http://fabriziopoce.com/progressive_se.html

macmuse wrote:Thank you very much, both of you. Those were things I wanted to know. Is there advantage to Nora over Sundog?
They are rather different applications...

Indeed. At the moment we are not doing any Black Fridays or Christmas sales, the price is the same for all users that want to join to the easy phrases/arps club.

As I said in another place, I just prefer offer much more for your money instead devalue Nora.

squaredheads wrote:Indeed. At the moment we are not doing any Black Fridays or Christmas sales, the price is the same for all users that want to join to the easy phrases/arps club.
As I said in another place, I just prefer offer much more for your money instead devalue Nora.
Also, let's face it, the price is way under what the plugin is actually worth. There are some other softwares out there that are like that also, so I wouldn't expect any Black Friday sales on those either.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Nora CM is in the vault :)

Return to “Instruments”