Just Bought MixBus 3

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

do_androids_dream wrote:... What I can tell you is that the workflow of MB encourages far less plugin usage and more making quick decisions ...
I fully agree.

Mixbus TV called it "Fuckarounditis"
and MB is a good candidate to "heal that sickness".

Above, the gorgeous sound and price makes Mb so appealing.

For now I`ll have a good monitoring on reports
about further releases like upcoming v3.1

There must be coming a point to jump in, no ? :D
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

But guys, I mean, isn't it a little suspicious that a 219 host is slashed to 79 (which is actually the "real" price ) and then you have these plug bundles to chose from?

Don't get me wrong, for people who use it/love it, cool. But I don't think it's off base/trolling to say that at least a little suspicion should be there.

Again, my greatest concern is the comment about how "some" (maybe loosely translated) 3rd party plugs don't work. No very many hosts use this as a disclaimer. Sure, some others are crap at fixing things but it's not the norm.

To review: No demo, the disclaimer about 3rd party plugs and the obvious "buy our plugs" thing doesn't mean Aloysius is trolling :shrug:

Thank you incubus.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I just put mixbuss in cart with all plugins..

$1246 AUD :lol:

Guess what, besides the character (i realise this is the important thing, bear with me), mixbus plus ALL plugins gives you a LOT less variety and essentials than is covered in almost every other DAW that costs more than $100 but under $500..

So why wouldn't one get a daw that offers everything else standard and then some and just spend a couple hundred on plugins to provide a nice custom saturation chain/mix channel?

That said i think if mixbuss sounds as good as claimed, harrison have missed the boat not releasing a plug in channel with the eq/comp/saturation. That's where the money would be as it would suddenly be available to millions of different daw users worldwide. But they seem to want to lock it in to a program that has no demo and little of anything else plugin wise other than the mixing console.

oh, and aloysius is no troll.

:tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

TheoM wrote:That said i think if mixbuss sounds as good as claimed, harrison have missed the boat not releasing a plug in channel with the eq/comp/saturation. That's where the money would be as it would suddenly be available to millions of different daw users worldwide. But they seem to want to lock it in to a program that has no demo and little of anything else plugin wise other than the mixing console.
I don't think they're in it for the money. They're already part of the furniture in hardware which is obviously where the profit comes from. I expect they just about break even with MB. Releasing a plugin version would go against the philosophy behind it.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

incubus wrote:...and the obvious "buy our plugs" thing doesn't mean Aloysius is trolling :shrug:
So what you're saying is there's a conspiracy to get folks to buy their plugins once they come to accept that their own don't work..! V2.5 had far less problems with plugins. Like I mentioned earlier almost all my plugins worked just fine in 2.5. The biggest 'issue' here, I think, is that they built it on Ardour. Apparently they approached other DAW companies as well at the beginning to see if they could team up.

Haven't Harrison just teamed up with Yamaha/Steinberg?

http://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandeven ... -3356.html

incubus wrote: To review: No demo, the disclaimer about 3rd party plugs and the obvious "buy our plugs" thing doesn't mean Aloysius is trolling :shrug:
Yep, valid points all over and I also understand Aloysius.

It`s a matter of perspective to me.

Investing into V2 was more a gesture of support
as I appreciate the effort and sweat behind it.

But upgrade to V3 is on hold
as I expect now to have something useable in hands (based on V3).
The very basics should be there, like full 3rd party support etc.
be it just the very basics for mixing, would be enough for now.

I think that`s the point of "cmaffia" for opening the thread,
it should just work at the very core.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

do_androids_dream wrote:
incubus wrote:...and the obvious "buy our plugs" thing doesn't mean Aloysius is trolling :shrug:
So what you're saying is there's a conspiracy to get folks to buy their plugins once they come to accept that their own don't work..! V2.5 had far less problems with plugins. Like I mentioned earlier almost all my plugins worked just fine in 2.5. The biggest 'issue' here, I think, is that they built it on Ardour. Apparently they approached other DAW companies as well at the beginning to see if they could team up.
No I didn't, and you KNOW better.

Anyways, I'm sure it's a fine product. My interest comes from really wanting something that my bounced tracks from reason could be used in (reason is f**king awesome, but sometime I feel like using my good vsts) and at 79 bones, it's appealing. But I think I'll give it a miss and appreciate what I have.

incubus wrote:Anyways, I'm sure it's a fine product. My interest comes from really wanting something that my bounced tracks from reason could be used in (reason is f**king awesome, but sometime I feel like using my good vsts) and at 79 bones, it's appealing. But I think I'll give it a miss and appreciate what I have.

does it have rewire? If not you could rewire reason to another daw that does vst and use vst on your rewire stems. It's pretty easy to do just patch the ssl mixer outputs to individual rewire outputs.

There are other daws 99 and under that definitely have rewire.

Tracktion being one of them, cheaper than mixbus actually with full demo version.

No demo?

No buy-o
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Intrigued by the concept, I've bought MB3 immediately when it came out and must unfortunately say that, so far, I'm mostly negatively impressed. I don't use it for tracking and composing, but even for mixing it is less than ideal. My main concern is the way it deals with plugins. Some of them like Sknote's don't work properly (horrible crackling noises, apparently some weird problems with the internal gain staging). But even the ones that work can often not be reordered: You can initially put plugin X and then plugin Y on the bus, but when you want to change the order, you just can't, for example. Or, you want to insert in a plugin between two, but MB doesn't allow you to do so. This limits my creativity and makes some of the plugins I own relatively useless.

The same plugins work fine in the other DAWs I use (Sonar and Mulab). The problem occurs with plugins with multiple i/o channels.

Apart from that it's quite good and I like it, but until the plugin issues are fixed I won't recommend MB3 to anyone. More trouble than benefits. IMHO.

Omkar wrote:There must be coming a point to jump in, no ? :D
For me no, I've had my fun with it and I've replicated most of the workflow in Reaper. The 'sound' thing with MB is part truth, part myth creating - which is fine as there's a lot of that in the music biz - but I figured out a few things about how MB works - recreated it in other DAW's and it nulls. It's just the compressor and saturation algorithms that are somewhat unique. I've found one or two comps that give a very similar result but not the saturation.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”