Blue Cat's Plug'n Script 2.0 and New Bundle Released

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We are happy to unleash Blue Cat's Plug'n Script 2.0, a brand new version of our audio and MIDI scripting plug-in, and Blue Cat's Crafters Pack, a new bundle for creative minds.

This new version of the plug-in adds native compiled scripts support, a side chain input, auxiliary outputs, new skins, scripts and presets, a new user interface programming language and much more... Check out our blog for more details about V2!

The new bundle gathers our most powerful software that will let you build your own custom audio toolbox. Check it out!

Exceptionally, the upgrade to version 2.0 is free for existing users. A special introduction offer for both the plug-in and bundle are available for new customers until the end of December. Additional discounts apply to existing Blue Cat Audio customers, so check your email!

Enjoy!

I look in the scripts that are attach and on your webpage for a example of a midi effect of arpegiator or step sequencer. I see none. Maybe if it is possible to do a arp easy with it, you can do a script of a arp/step seq for example. because of program change feature in 2.0 maybe it is also easy possible to switch diffrent arp sequences.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

There is currently no arpeggiator or step sequencer in the factory scripts, but that's indeed an interesting (and pretty wide) topic!

I bought this recently and have been having a great time playing around with scripts and even making up my own interface with KUIML. I see this as a great learning tool for someone starting out with DSP programming or even someone just dipping their toes in the DSP waters.

As such, I'm wondering if it would be possible for future updates to the sample scripts to include more meaningful units for the parameters. For instance, a straight up frequency for filters, milliseconds for attack/release in compressors, or decibels for threshold/gain settings. Perhaps this could also include some comments explaining the conversion from units to normalized values.

Anyway, I thought it was worth suggesting, but must say I'm really impressed with the speed of using Angelscript!

Thanks for the feedback.

If you look at the gain dB script, there is already an example of how to map decibels to internal [0,1] range. We have chosen not to use units for the other scripts to make them simpler, but we will think about it when we add more scripts in the future!

By the way feel free to share you scripts and user interfaces with the community. We'd be glad to see your work!

Is there any support for High-DPI scaling on windows at the moment, or anything planned ?

There is currently no specific support for High DPI but we are currently looking at it. It is however not straight forward for plug-ins, as it depends on how the host application supports it.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:There is currently no specific support for High DPI but we are currently looking at it. It is however not straight forward for plug-ins, as it depends on how the host application supports it.
Thanks for the reply.

May I suggest looking at Studio One and FLStudio as two Hosts that seem to currently support it well, and remember that Windows 7 has support also.

Fabfilter have just updated their plugins, and whilst they didn't quite cover Windows 7 (but provided a temporary workaround), the new versions look (even more) fantastic when viewed on 4K@200%.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Thanks for the feedback.

If you look at the gain dB script, there is already an example of how to map decibels to internal [0,1] range. We have chosen not to use units for the other scripts to make them simpler, but we will think about it when we add more scripts in the future!

By the way feel free to share you scripts and user interfaces with the community. We'd be glad to see your work!
Thanks, I've had a look at all the example scripts. I guess since I'm still learning I would find frequency measured in kHz or Hz quite helpful.

I'll be sure to submit a script or two once I'm happy with them. :)

As some further feedback, I noticed that there isn't an easy way to reference the mapping.inc and other included files from the user based Skins folder (ie /Users/username/Documents/Blue Cat Audio/Blue Cat's Plug'n Script/Skins). I found I had to copy a number of these over (mapping.inc, mapping_utils.inc, Windows.inc, Mac.inc).

Is there a variable for PlugNScript system includes?

You could use the PLUGIN_DATA_PATH built-time variable to do this (full path is "$PLUGIN_DATA_PATH$/Skins/") but the problem is that you become dependent on these files that may change with new releases, so be careful with what you use from there :-).

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”