CPU spikes in Patchwork

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Bluecat!

Getting hefty CPU spikes using Soundtoys 5 as AU in Patchwork in Logic X. Have you experienced this? Any thoughts?

2 more things; I seemed to be getting some spikes using other plugins as well, though I wasn't able to replicate 100% (as with Soundtoys). Do you have any general advice for CPU efficiency in Patchwork?

And last (perhaps stupid) question: Its not possible to use Logic X's Native plugs I suppose?

Hi,

If i remember well, Soundtoys AUs are indeed causing CPU spikes, but the VST versions are fine. We are not aware of similar issues with other plug-ins, but if you can reproduce, we'd be glad to check them out.

It is indeed not possible to use Logic's native plug-ins are these are not available as regular AUs.

Ok, thank you for the info!

Hi there,

I am currently demo-ing MB-7 and also experienced the CPU load issue with soundtoys plugins (latest versions; i7 cpu being reproducably hit up to 100% load when inserting any one of their plugins).

Is there hope for a fix? I do rely quite heavily on soundtoys, so that´s a factor for my purchasing decision regarding MB-7 (which is, otherwise, absolutely marvelous 8) ).

Best!
epiphaneia

We are in touch with SoundToys to find a solution for the Audio Units. Until this is fixed, you can use the VST versions that do not have the problem.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:We are in touch with SoundToys to find a solution for the Audio Units. Until this is fixed, you can use the VST versions that do not have the problem.
Works like a charm, thanks for the quick reply!
(That´s what I needed to buy the MB-7) 8)

:tu:

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”