Guitar Rig Fun _ Does OTS Evolution 'Guitar CHOICE' Really Matter?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not nearly as ignorant as it may sound, but need to move forward. :ud:
1st choice for more serious stuff is EV Steel Strings. Cannot easily 'demo' all EV selections.
For any other 'strange' user, would Strawberry or Banshee or Stratosphere make a huge difference after being ground up in Guitar Rig5 :help:

Is SLIDE a serious option?

Orange Friday is over soon ..........

Stawberry vs. Stratosphere is definitely just a matter of tone. I'm not an guitar aficionado but I can tell a strat tone "in a crowd". That said, I like the sound of Strawberry a little better.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one. They both sound amazing.

Banshee was primarily built for metal, so it has a couple of features that make it work better for that. I don't own that one to give you more info. For general guitar stuff, I'd go with Strawberry or Strat.

Thanks much for getting back so quickly! Greg had provided a 'limited' Strawberry demo and I liked it (only in a non-guitar-aficianado context). Your post helps a lot in making me comfortable to avoid worrying about Stratosphere and Banshee.

Regards

Ha! Great Orange Friday Promo let me get EV Steel Strings AND Strawberry. Lots of great Effects in Strawberry, but fun working through Guitar Rig 5 as well :!:

So new to guitar sample play ...... using EV Strawberry into Reaper .... do I always use MONO Out when going to GuitarRig5 or Recabinet4 :?: When would STEREO ever be the choice?

Do experienced EV Strawberry / Strat Users often go to these Amp/Cab plugins, or are those in OTS EV truly comparable :?:

If Kontakt itself is running in mono, that's fine, but make sure that Guitar Rig or ReValver are operating in stereo. A lot of effects like reverbs, delays, choruses, etc., benefit from stereo. If you'd like, I can look into how to set that up specifically in Reaper--though you could always just keep Kontakt and everything else in stereo just to be safe.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Thank-you Greg. Several current Threads on Reaper General Discussion Forum have helped me clarify guitar hardware setups and compare to software products like GuitarRig5 or Recabinet4.
Here is a Link if you are interested in my specific info; near end of Thread.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=170154

I was not happy with various GuitarRig5 presets and was concerned about my Reaper routings. This has since been resolved (somewhat) and the routing is handled when GuitarRig5 or Recabinet4 are chosen as Track Insert FX in Reaper .... as opposed to their own separate Track.

I do have a related issue and did not find answer in User manual. Once I select guitar effects (Clean, Crunchy, Distorted) om EV Strawberry, I don't see how to go back to the default (no effects). I wanted to compare OTS EV Strawberry amp/cab presets to some in GtRig5 or Recab4. The OTS presets sound better, and do not understand why, but cannot test easily unless I can remove them completely.

Watching EV Strat videos, there are other choices at the top of the preset menu 'Init', others, which are not present in my EV Strawberry menu.

Ah, I think that has to do with how the snapshots work--there isn't really a way to "unload" a snapshot, so right now you would need to reload the initial "Evolution Strawberry" NKI patch. I'll have to experiment with it more to see if there's any other way, of course.

EDIT: Off the top of my head, you could also load the Evolution Strawberry patch, and then save a snapshot of the default settings as a user snapshot (let me know if you need instructions on how to do that). That way you can revert to the initialized settings by loading that snapshot.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Ok and thanks. Curious about contrast with older EV Stratosphere video showing Menu option to choose 'init' ... this seemed to allow return to default? No doubt you had solid reason to make change in Strawberry.

During development, I had an "init preset" snapshot. However, when all the presets are listed in Komplete Kontrol, the main NKI patch is shown there as well, so it ends up being redundant (since you could load the main "Evolution Strawberry / Steel Strings" patch to return to the defaults OR the init preset snapshot).

Maybe there's a better way of handling this, though? It would be easy for me to add "initialized preset" snapshots for each library, though.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

This is really something I wish more experienced and capable Users could/would comment on. I am just too new to base any decisions on.
The init preset snapshot seems a good thing in each preset menu, but only if it is trivial to implement.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”