WoW - I didn't buy anything on BF

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am a bit disappointed for those on sales items comparing to last year. I was supposed to see Tone2 buy 2 get 1 free (like last year?) and Vengeance (very quiet this year anyway) and not to mention Dune2 also has no sales activity.

Didn't buy Falcon in order to save up some more money to buy things in BF. Still nothing in my shopping cart. Do you feel a bit disappointed in this BF sales ?

I think expectations were too high - but there's always Cyber Monday.

I didn't buy anything (yet), either, and don't think that I will. I don't think it's a case of high expectations, though. Aside from the D16 total bundle, which turned out to be a mistake, the sales just sorta suck this year AFAIC. Oh well, it's not like there's anything I need, so no complaints here. I'll save my money for a new camera lens or something.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

wish me luck on Cyber Monday. I also want to see Cubase's offer (DAW) and NI's komplete 10 ultimate upgrade discount

I came very, very close to picking up a Soulsby Atmegatron for $50 less than the usual price, and a RAM upgrade for my computer. The only thing that stopped me was both are on my Amazon wishlist and may have already been bought; I'm told my family has picked my wishlist clean.

I got Tremor, and then two Maschine expansions at 50% off because my birthday was Thursday and my mom gave me $50 to spend on downloads. :D It was a fairly decent Black Friday for me.

If they are already done with your amazon wishlist, I can PM you mine so they can take care of mine if they are in the mood for cleaning out wishlists. :ud: :P

But that is the situation with wishlists.. do you buy now for cheap or do you not and hope someone actually gifted it? That is one reason why I generally keep some things off my wishlists.. unless you don't mind getting duplicates. Well that and feeling bad about having people buy me things over a dollar amount.

So I'm asking for a toaster this year... And a book. That's it so far. I'm not troubled by it either. It is quite the opposite, I know I'm rather blessed to not really have many wants on the list. People can just save their money and put it towards something more beneficial.. bills, savings, or maybe gifting someone else who has more needs than wants.

We get so caught up in buying crap because its on sale without looking at if we really can use those items and how often we're going to use them (to warrant their purchase in the first place). And, these days, it seems big society doesn't even require decent sales pricing to buy. No, they only require the thought they are getting a good deal and they'll buy. So retailers have little need to actually cut their prices too drastically to draw in customers. That or they increase the cost by 20% and then take 40% off the (never was) price. People saw WOW 40% off!! Not realizing there was a markup on that price.. :dog:

VitaminD wrote:We get so caught up in buying crap because its on sale without looking at if we really can use those items and how often we're going to use them (to warrant their purchase in the first place).
This. But I can see how easy it is to get caught up in sales crazyness, any half decent excuse good enough to try filling the void inside which no external thing ever will. Just worse when there is already some more or less real reason for getting a certain thing. Being cheaper now, the temptation must be that much stronger to get not just that thing but anything ´close enough´.

My current budget won't allow anything at all, so unless something I need is given for free, no price will get me to buy it. None of the free offers were in my very short need list, so got nothing from there either. Of course I was not expecting to see any of the things I need given out for free, so no disappointment there.

My family often goes overboard with Christmas in general and gift exchange stuff in particular; I started getting demands to put stuff on my list in September. Most of the stuff I actually want is intangible, weird, expensive, or awkward, so my list winds up being a mix of a few of those and some other things to pad it out. And then I get complaints that I need to add *more* stuff, because all that's left is a few ridiculous items.

I find GAS during sales can be held off somewhat with "will I use this or would I just 'collect' it?" Because I've made the mistake often enough of buying things I don't use. I still have a few things that I want to resell.

foosnark wrote: And then I get complaints that I need to add *more* stuff, because all that's left is a few ridiculous items.
Haha, I might know what you are talking about. I come from a frugal working class family where we didn't always get any special xmas or birthday presents at all. It didn't mean special occasions were not celebrated, only that it was not about the things you get. I consider that a great blessing, an attitude which carried on to times when money was not that tight anymore. Learning to utilize what you have to the fullest and only getting things you really need. Interestingly enough, that has also lead to some very specific and uncommon requirements, things I couldn't have heart to ask from somebody else. Unfortunately others don't always understand that the new pairs of socks really is what I'd ask from them. Anything too special has danger of not being what I need and possible disappointments on both sides taking away from what the celebration really could be about.

Me neither, and there was nothing that really took my fancy. NI still have a sale on, so I'll be mulling over a few deals over the course of time.

I did manage to acquire Nectar 2 PS for $40 though, so I'm quite happy.

I always thought January was a better time to purchase discounted stuff, just before the new stuff comes in February.
Download & play soothing music: https://soundcloud.com/wait_codec

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”