I survived the Black Friday GAS attack!! But the force is strong and the mind is weak

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So far so good - I'm just barely hanging on though...I've dodged tempting Waves offers..that was a strong one and the scars are still healing.

I just downloaded soundtoys little altarboy freebie - and I noticed the soundtoys 5 bundle for a tempting price.

My best defense against the soundtoys is Guitar Rig 5 which has a bunch of those effects already, just hidden in various forms.

Say it with me - "I DONT NEED IT, NO MATTER WHAT IT IS"...Together we are strong. Together we shall join forces and buy NOTHING. :pray:

I understand. I have been reading the Black Friday ads, and I keep asking myself, "Why are you doing this? You don't need any more software. You have things you haven't even installed yet. Why are you tormenting yourself?" So far I haven't pulled the trigger on anything.

The problem is that music gear isn't my only weakness. I also love kitchen gadgets. There are so many on sale that I would love to have. Obviously, I don't need them either and what's more, I don't have room in my kitchen for any more gadgets. I don't have room for the ones I have.

So I am strongly motivated not to buy anything. It doesn't mean it is easy.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

I've been looking, I haven't seen much that tempts me, I upgraded Synthmaster to the Factory version, got a killer deal (by accident I guess) on EZKeys stuff, and I'm eyeing some midi loops from Groove Monkey, but beyond that nothing interests me that I can afford.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Allow me to be a swallow of peptol bismol. I've owned the soundtoys bundle and though it's great, the one that that nobody has (pardon the pun) replicated is "echoboy"

You'll have fun constantly tweaking and playing the presets with all the others but you'll just be in the "fartsaroundlist" category. Echoboy is unique though. Nothing sounds like it. Nothing is as organic, rich, or useful. It's not financially feasible to buy the bundle just for echoboy when 95% of native owners really only use that regularly.

Just 2c, probably worth a wooden nickel but that's what happened to me.

I have avoided buying anything. I even avoided downloading a "pay what you want" plug" which could have been free. I just think that if I'm not willing to pay for it that's a bit tacky.

So, holding at three new free plugs and zero dollars spent.

keyman_sam wrote:So far so good - I'm just barely hanging on though...I
I didn't. Heavyocity got me... And I am absolutely loving it. :D

I need a piano, I want Pianoteq standard but it is pricey. So I am thinking about getting Grandeur or the maverick from NI.

Prism and DS10 also pick my gas.

I am demoing Largo, I love it. Thee licensed puts me off, a sale may do it but Waldorf abstained from BF deals.
dedication to flying

Codestation wrote:
keyman_sam wrote:So far so good - I'm just barely hanging on though...I
I didn't. Heavyocity got me... And I am absolutely loving it. :D
What did you get?

DM-307. I am so weak.

There are a ton of things i thought i'd want, but...nope. NI would have had me at a half price reaktor upgrade, but no dice

My biggest temptation was an email from amazon offering a really cool camera at almost half price. That took some talking down. Luckily it was just a one-day offer, as i'm not sure resolve would have made it through the whole weekend :phew:

I wasn't planning on buying anything this holiday season. And along comes Korg's annual 50% off sale. I may as well complete my Korg synth collection. At least I'll be getting off (ha!) cheaply.

Then there's the Tracktion 6 upgrade offer...
and if there's a decent sale on Revalver...
or a midi controller...
a new computer...
a new guitar...
it never ****ing ends does it?
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson

ooops, i lied. just remembered i bought 'fugue machine' for ipad. still, only 5€ down...for now :pray:

mtotalbundle here.
whoopsie..
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

rod_zero wrote:I need a piano, I want Pianoteq standard but it is pricey. So I am thinking about getting Grandeur or the maverick from NI.

Prism and DS10 also pick my gas.

I am demoing Largo, I love it. Thee licensed puts me off, a sale may do it but Waldorf abstained from BF deals.
The one thing about Pianoteq over sampled pianos is the feel. Pianoteq gives you the feel of actually playing piano, whereas samples often sound better but lack in the feel and playability.

I bit on Soundtoys bundle. Echoboy is as great as everyone says, but I also love Chrystalizer and some of the pitch shift stuff for subtle changes and widening. The rack in and of itself is damn cool combining everything.

Bought some missing Softubes finally (Transient Shaper and Dynamite) also joined the Toontrack sale for Rock! and Retro Electrics which is a bargain for that price. :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”