Cubase 8.5 here any day now...and the day has come

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

Tronam wrote:I'm getting the feeling I'll have to buy C8.5 for El Capitan compatibility.
Well, to try and ease that feeling - I'd say (as they have done in the past) they will release a free update patch to v8.0.30 for those wishing to stay put for the foreseeable. May be available later in December (guessing).?

Of course, the paid v8.5 upgrade may be all ok at release (early December..?). But I wouldn't be surprised if that too needed a further patch, to bring full El Capitan goodness, which would ship alongside the above later in December...
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

Yes you are correct, Cubase 8.5 El Capitan compatible version will be released/announced on the first week of December and it will cost $99 us.
Meantime, Stenberg just announced yet another disaster - all their audio interfaces are NOT El Capitan compatible...
So what we are left with is "project importer" from iOS devices is still compatible, but with what Steinberg app... ?! At this stage - NONE.
Not to worry though, $99 coming soon... ;)

lfm wrote:
Avoid activating the license - if you did more than 5-6 weeks ago it's too late.
And not sure 7.5 - but to 8.0 which in turn would not be activated yet, so it might.

I know i sweden many shops still list 7.5 boxed versions, so..
thejonsolo wrote:It should bump up for you as long as it was retail. An announcement any day now would be great, ha!
Thanks! Guess I'll hold off.

Any hints yet on what the upgrade will include?
What sound do dreams make when they die?

Nope. Leslie seems to know something about it, but I can't find anything more.

I'm not so sure anymore - felt it was weird that the dutch site backed down to 8 for clinic dec 18th.
I mean the interest to sign up must lower quite a bit compared to having brand new dot-5 release.

So it may be delayed - or not....

Resonant- Serpent wrote:Any hints yet on what the upgrade will include?
I heard a rumour of Retrologue 2, but also more promisingly a lot of smaller workflow improvements and under the hood stuff. The latter is what most of us are after I guess.

Dec 2 or 3.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Hey guys, I heard 8.5 is at our door real soon. and we get

- Smart tool - Double right click insert note, double right click on it deletes note. Drag up/down for note velocity change (to quickly adjust velocity while drawing), left/right for length

- Insert effect per event region (as in S1)

- Folder track as Audio bus/Group track

- Macro knobs in Quick Controls - One knob can control a few parameters

- Automation improvements (as in FL studio)

(just dreaming ey? don't wake me up!)

Tronam wrote:I'm getting the feeling I'll have to buy C8.5 for El Capitan compatibility.
+1. Looking at Steinberg behaviour in the last few years, I'm pretty sure a new paid version is very close and it will be required for El Capitain. Maybe they'll release a final update for 8.0 after a few months, like they did with previous versions.

I hope the improvements are worth the upgrade, regardless of the os support (I'll be stuck on Yosemite for a while, because of some hardware and software which is not ready yet).

tristan- wrote:Hey guys, I heard 8.5 is at our door real soon. and we get

- Smart tool - Double right click insert note, double right click on it deletes note. Drag up/down for note velocity change (to quickly adjust velocity while drawing), left/right for length

- Insert effect per event region (as in S1)

- Folder track as Audio bus/Group track

- Macro knobs in Quick Controls - One knob can control a few parameters

- Automation improvements (as in FL studio)

(just dreaming ey? don't wake me up!)
In a real dream we would get the ability to transform MIDI to audio, cut chop paste mangle the audio, and then transform back to MIDI, just like Studio One.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

sin night wrote:
+1. Looking at Steinberg behaviour in the last few years, I'm pretty sure a new paid version is very close and it will be required for El Capitain. Maybe they'll release a final update for 8.0 after a few months, like they did with previous versions.
Its even better than that - Ed Doll (Steinberg Support Manager) posted on the SB forums saying a FREE update for those users wishing to stay at v8.0.xx that will bring them El Capitan compatibility, is planned for release on 22 December 2015. No waiting 'a few months' for it - just three (and a bit) more WEEKS... (ok, yes I understand - all you MAC folk are thinking you have surely waited long enough already...). But hey, its nearly here. :wink:

So, you won't be forced into buying an upgrade you might not need, in order to just get compatibility with Apples latest and greatest, if you don't want to... There'll be no 'requirement' to have to pay up.

Cheers,
thebutler
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

https://shop.steinberg.net/c/shop?ID=46056

Its out somewhere in the world !!!!!
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

I still find it weird that Luke (Mark Hamill) is no where to be seen.....

Conspiracy? I think not.

woodsdenis wrote:https://shop.steinberg.net/c/shop?ID=46056

WHat?!?!?! And only 50?????????

woodsdenis wrote:https://shop.steinberg.net/c/shop?ID=46056

Well, the link sure works and it looks like they will take your money. Anyone brave enough to try it yet?
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”