New here, does the current generation receptors use uniwire ?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm considering getting a Quattro but I have some questions about using a receptor in a studio setting working within a DAW.
While I know the power of the beast is awesome, I'm just wondering about workflow.
How easy is it to use with say, Logic Pro X ?
Is uniwire even being used with these next gen boxes ?
If not, how would one use a receptor within a DAW environment ?

Thanks

Ok, after a quick search this morning I see that uniwire really isn't being actively supported any longer
and using a midi router or interface is probably the best way to do what I need.

Qu4ttro and 3io only have MIDI in. My 3io is a little slow with the DIN connector but responds well with the USB. The 2.0 Software, "Rack Mode", has learn function for everything. The older software, "Mixer Mode" has preset CC# for all mixing functions but allows learning for some plug-ins. For both, once you set the CC's for anything, they are set for everything. This means your controller(s) have to adapt to the machine and not the reverse when you go to change song presets.

As for audio, you have the choice of just running 4 stereo pairs of 1/4" TRS or a S/Pdif only (L/R) to an interface. The third possibility is running an optical line that will carry 8 separate channels @ 44.1 or 4 separate channels at 96. Yes, all this used to be done with a single Cat5 and is potentially still doable. I had it work once on my Presonus Studio One DAW but then upgraded the DAW and lost the ability.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Return to “Muse Research and Development”