I survived the Black Friday GAS attack!! But the force is strong and the mind is weak

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

resistance is futile :borg: the temptation is not yet over.
and the x-mas sales will come...

Bought nothing.:clap:

Got one plug for free.:party:

But man, that Arturia deal...:scared:

Bought MCDSP compressor Bank and Filter bank / Rob Papen SubBoomBass / PSP Audioware N20 and Fxpansion Maul...
No GAS , only good deal :D

e@rs wrote:But man, that Arturia deal...:scared:
Yeah that one got me :clown: $167 for V-collection 4 was too tempting.

I got out with only €69.30 spent (upgrade for Medieval Legends II). I saw a link for a free Waves reverb, jumped through the hoops to get it, saw a page with Waves Gold Bundle, SAVE $699!!!! or something like that. Special price, $169. So, I went and looked at Thomann, and they sell the Gold Bundle for.....€169. Feck that.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Mace404 wrote:
e@rs wrote:But man, that Arturia deal...:scared:
Yeah that one got me :clown: $167 for V-collection 4 was too tempting.
I read about the many bugs they don't solve, I hate C/R and some of the GUIs are so small (heard they work on scalable ones for V5 :hyper:). But still, I predict that on Monday the force in me will be weak and I'll follow you.

Bombadil wrote:I got out with only €69.30 spent (upgrade for Medieval Legends II).
I bought that too. :D
I already had V1 for a long time.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

So far I've managed to resist and have been demoing plenty of stuff. The Soundtoys bundle is calling to me.

Never have I received so many Black Friday emails as this year, but so far I kept asking myself 'do you REALLY need that?'.
Money you don't spend now is money you can use later on when you really DO need it.
So thusfar I spent nothing. :D

JJ67 wrote:Never have I received so many Black Friday emails as this year, but so far I kept asking myself 'do you REALLY need that?'.
Money you don't spend now is money you can use later on when you really DO need it.
So thusfar I spent nothing. :D
Yep! Overall you can read "SAVE BIG" when the biggest save is to buy nothing! :lol:

I already failed btw.. :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Forgive me father for I have sinned....

(Though to be fair I had saved up a little in anticipation of the the day)

Symphobia 2 and Symphobia 3 Lumina ( $ 750 - but if I say it quickly it doesn't sound soon bad)

Great deal on them though.

There is no try........

Hi

I suppose having been using music related software for 20 odd years builds up some resilience to such things, but in all fairness I just haven't seen any deals which have left me dribbling down my shirt!

I remember many years ago Ohm force doing a deal where every plug went for 10 euros or something - now that was hard to pass up.

It's a shame some of the DAW companies don't do a £50 deal (or similar outrageous figure) ... I wouldn't hesitate to pick up Bitwig studio and Studio one at that price!

Getting people on board something like a DAW is good business because the (almost) yearly updates bring in money and they could always stipulate that at the low price point the product is sold subject to being NFR.

I bought nothing, but the Spitfire audio sale was really hard to resist. I have all the other Albions besides Loegria...
Ha ha suck it!

I caved in, 8€ for Hornet Autogain Pro :)

rod_zero wrote:I need a piano, I want Pianoteq standard but it is pricey. So I am thinking about getting Grandeur or the maverick from NI.

Prism and DS10 also pick my gas.

I am demoing Largo, I love it. Thee licensed puts me off, a sale may do it but Waldorf abstained from BF deals.
Get Cinesamples' Piano in Blue on sale at 40% off!
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”