MAutoDynamicEq Side-Chain per Band?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can you use a separate side-chain input for each band in one instance of MAutoDynamicEq?

Also, can the over-all compression be internal while one or more band be side-chain keyed?

Of course you cannot, hosts cannot send multiple sidechains, and it's even worse - ProTools cannot even have a stereo sidechain... :o

I quite don't understand the second question.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

The answer to the second question is yes. You can have one or more bands compressing the input signal while simultaneously using other bands to compress the sidechain.
Is this what you mean?
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

MeldaProduction wrote:Of course you cannot, hosts cannot send multiple sidechains, and it's even worse - ProTools cannot even have a stereo sidechain... :o

I quite don't understand the second question.
Thanks for the response! I use REAPER, and I think it can have unlimited channels per track. Not really for sure about this. I didn't know that this idea was a host capability limitation. It's been almost three years since I touched Cubase. I don't even remember how to route a side chain for it. Seems kinda strange that even today ProTools can't have a stereo sidechain.

Thanks, jmg8. I guess I worded my question poorly, but that is what I meant. Can I key some bands to the internal signal and some to the sidechain? And, the answer is yes. Thanks!

Honestly, I'm not for sure how often I would even want to try multiple sidechains, but it sure would be cool if we could. Maybe one day... :pray:

Aaaaha. Well, you know Reaper is quite versatile at the expense of the workflow. Sidechaining is much much simpler in Cubase for example, well, everything is simpler, but it doesn't have 3+ inputs per plugin, as most hosts. It's always about compromises :). As for ProTools... well, it's ProTools... :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”