Synthmaster Factory / CM - What are the differences?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

I apologise if this has been covered before but I can't seem to find any info on exactly what is different about the CM (free with Computer Music) version of Synthmaster compared to, say, the commercial Factory version.

All the Synthmasters are on sale this weekend. Is it worth jumping for Synthmaster Factory if I already have the CM version? What are the benefits?

2 instead of one layer per voice, 2 filters per layer, more filter types, custom (sfz) oscillators, XY pads and a lot ( > 1000) of presets.

And ability to load additional (commercial) SM preset bank expansions. Read -> http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=451266

Thanks a lot for the info, guys!

Synthmaster Player got more or less all the patches from Synthmaster regular version, but features only macro controls, where Synthmaster regular lets user go beyond the hood for some serious tweaking.

In addition to Synthmaster CM there was also released Synthmaster Beat a couple of years ago, but both these versions suffered from bugs.

Synthmaster Player is a no brainer at just $9, I suggest anybody looking for a quality player instrument to get it

Numanoid wrote: In addition to Synthmaster CM there was also released Synthmaster Beat a couple of years ago, but both these versions suffered from bugs.
Yep. IMO not worth it, also feature wise (the CM and BE Version are very stripped down, and also only offer 12 voice polyphony). Rather get the full Synthmaster Factory for 50% off now, quite a bargain. :tu:

If going for full (not Player) I think better is the Synthmaster Standard - 150 additional presets for only 15$ more just now.

And for students, the deal is even sweeter as they can get it with 50% academic rebate

Note: If you sign up for the newsletter you get an additional 5% discount on top of the existing Black Friday discount.

Bought the Factory version last night but haven't installed yet as I lost hours blissing out in Wide Blue Sound's 'Orbit'.

Return to “Instruments”