List your Hardware Wishlist.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote:I'm really glad that the gun control law here won't allow any random redneck to purchase and make use of a gun around here... already pissed off at those idiots doing fireworks every weekend even though it's clearly stated that it's only allowed under request all over the year except for a couple of hours before and after new year's eve. Not to mention the other horrible things caused by firearms used by irresponsible people. Tbh, it's a mystery to me how a country calling itself civilized can allow the ownership and usage of guns on such a large scale anyway. Anyway, entering HPC here i guess. :)
Fully agreed! I hate fireworks too. And pimp mobiles. And motorcycles. And ...

I'm so "unamerican".
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

There's this oversized pickup truck often in our neighborhood with "POWER STROKE" on the rear window in an ugly font, quote marks included, which sounds like it has an asthmatic jet fighter shoved under its hood. And since our house is on a hill, the driver guns the engine every time he passes our house. Our street dead-ends in a cul-de-sac and sometimes, I swear, he just drives up the street and back down for no good reason. Sometimes I wonder if there's enough time to grab a spike strip and throw it across the road when he passes to catch him on the way back.

Anyway, hardware wishlist:

Arturia Microbrute
Waldorf 2-Pole
Waldorf Streichfett
Jomox T-Resonator
Zon Hyperbass
Fender Rhodes Seventy-Three Suitcase
Cooperman 21" daf
Cooperman 18" "Pitch Dark" tar
a taiko "kit" setup with chu-daiko, shime, a couple of okedo (one large enough to use as a small but deep odaiko), a kane, an assortment of ride/crash/splash cymbals, and appropriate stands & hardware
enough space for all this nonsense, and proper acoustic treatment & recording gear for the drums
a couple million dollars to quit my job & have time to hone my skills and play all this stuff properly

Jace-BeOS wrote:
chk071 wrote:I'm really glad that the gun control law here won't allow any random redneck to purchase and make use of a gun around here... already pissed off at those idiots doing fireworks every weekend even though it's clearly stated that it's only allowed under request all over the year except for a couple of hours before and after new year's eve. Not to mention the other horrible things caused by firearms used by irresponsible people. Tbh, it's a mystery to me how a country calling itself civilized can allow the ownership and usage of guns on such a large scale anyway. Anyway, entering HPC here i guess. :)
Fully agreed! I hate fireworks too. And pimp mobiles. And motorcycles. And ...

I'm so "unamerican".
Yeah but I bet if you ask the world what country do they think of when they hear the words "freedom of speech"... most would still say America.
But I guess fireworks and loud motorcycles and loud fashion and loud music, and other celebration-type expressions could be seen by some as negatives (or positives) of freedom of speech. Not American here, but I just like that First Amendment so much (even if it can be so HPC sometimes) that I myself like to practice aspects of it occasionally. Forgive me?

Anyways, if I have a billion dollars, first thing I would buy gear-wise is a grand piano. Nah, maybe too much money is not good and will be a distraction and a time eater even more? Buy this, buy that instead of make this, make that?

There are plenty of hardware options out there, but today I can add Push 2 to the list :help:

It is irreplaceable.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

werp wrote:more on the shopping list than the wish list.
Would buy that in a heartbeat if it could be rack-mounted! Too many "loose" things around already. Ditto for the TC electronic Hall of Fame..

harryupbabble wrote: Yeah but I bet if you ask the world what country do they think of when they hear the words "freedom of speech"... most would still say America.
Unless they were from the UK or most EU countries ... :P

My wishlist:

PUSH 2

Zergling wrote:Heres the list of stuff I am considering getting in the future.
:lol: Isn't software much more easy to operate, use? Why.....

i want to get one of these for christmas :evil:

+ monitors, new PC, new desk and new room to hold that everything.
Oh, next year.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

foosnark wrote: Anyway, hardware wishlist:

Arturia Microbrute
Waldorf 2-Pole
Waldorf Streichfett
Jomox T-Resonator
Zon Hyperbass
Fender Rhodes Seventy-Three Suitcase
Cooperman 21" daf
Cooperman 18" "Pitch Dark" tar
a taiko "kit" setup with chu-daiko, shime, a couple of okedo (one large enough to use as a small but deep odaiko), a kane, an assortment of ride/crash/splash cymbals, and appropriate stands & hardware
enough space for all this nonsense, and proper acoustic treatment & recording gear for the drums
a couple million dollars to quit my job & have time to hone my skills and play all this stuff properly
Ooh, I would love to have a Taiko setup as well, I just don't have the room for it at the moment (need to get a house! But recently back to being a starving artist...)

My Hardware Wishlist

Next 1-3 Months:
• Ableton Push 2
• Elektron Analog Rytm
• 6U of Eurorack stuff (Intellijel Metropolis, Mutable Instruments Elements & Clouds, Make Noise Richter Wooglebug, Endorphin.es Further Generator & Terminal, etc.)
• Modal 002

Next 3-6 Months:
• Buchla Music Easel
• Arp 2600

Next 1 Year +:
• Buchla 200e System 7
• EMS VCS3
... and hopefully whatever new groundbreaking, game-changing thing that comes out by then.

Jace-BeOS wrote:Fully agreed! I hate fireworks too. And pimp mobiles. And motorcycles. And ...

I'm so "unamerican".
I'll see you your hatred of the above and raise you my distaste for beer and total lack of interest in watching football, baseball or Nascar (as exciting to me as watching paint dry). :lol:

Hardware I'm still looking to pick up...
Roland RD800 or Kawai VPC1 (mulling it over)
Different preamp (WA TB12 maybe...)
A/D converter/interface upgrade
Maybe try a ribbon mic for something different
Still wouldn't mind trying a Wal bass at some point
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

Yamaha Variax Standard
Linnstrument.

Not
in
that
order

Sorry trying to make my list longer
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Put me down for a matched pair of all the available Flea microphones and a Burl Mothership. :party:
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

Only two things on my current hardware wish list:

1. NI S-88 Controller

2. Taylor Acoustic 114ce (the cutaway).

Either one of these is about $1K, and it looks like I'll have to get it for myself. The controller will come first.

This is the actual gift I got from my wife: http://www.amazon.com/Peavey-Captain-Am ... ica+guitar

Used at an estate sale. Paid, I'm guessing, around $30.
Usually she's much better than this, and actually bought me my two favorite guitars in the past. Someone convinced her that this was a valuable collectible. She was not aware that this was a 3/4 size. I killed an evening re-stringing and cleaning it. Still, completely un-playable.

The Taylor on the other hand...

cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”