D16 LuSH-101?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since version 1.1.0 multi-core support has been introduced in Lush 101, however it needs to be enabled manually by user.
I also have Bitwig and I took advantage of the discount and made the purchase.
Lush 101 is an awesome synth.

I demo'd it but hated the GUI. It's too cramped. There is just too much on one screen. So demo it first and see how you like it. For me, sound wasn't anything special either but I'm kind of picky these days so don't go by me.

Demo it for yourself.

slyte wrote:Absolutly great for Retro electronica or 80's funk.
Or a tasty combination of the TWO.. :)

It has two screen sizes now, small (original) and bigger. This goes for the new silver line plugins too as far as I remember.

I like the sound, but I find myself going for TAL Bassline-101 rather than LuSH for the 101 sound. I guess it's mostly a workflow thing, I don't use the layers in LuSH, I use relatively simple sounds usually.

I mostly use LuSH for supersaw. It does it beautifully.

I always find myself going back to lush, it sound awesome and the preset library is just great.

It's a great synth, bit hard on the CPU but since I bought a new computer recently it's doing great. I reviewed LuSH-101 a while ago at http://rekkerd.org/review-d16-group-lus ... er-plugin/
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

core wrote:It's a great synth, bit hard on the CPU but since I bought a new computer recently it's doing great. I reviewed LuSH-101 a while ago at http://rekkerd.org/review-d16-group-lus ... er-plugin/
I've got the demo, and it seems like an extremely difficult synth to get a proper grasp around, I'm used to Serum so this is very different, but the GUI seems so complicated.

Reading review now. :tu:

wagtunes wrote:I demo'd it but hated the GUI. It's too cramped. There is just too much on one screen.
Tbh, i don't like the realism of the D16 GUI's in general. It doesn't look particularly well IMO, nor is it very clear for me. Well, each to his like.

chk071 wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I demo'd it but hated the GUI. It's too cramped. There is just too much on one screen.
Tbh, i don't like the realism of the D16 GUI's in general. It doesn't look particularly well IMO, nor is it very clear for me. Well, each to his like.
unfortunate because they sound great though

It is a fairly plain synth... one layer is not exciting in terms of sound variety.

They did a great job on the layering system. Lush has quality sound but it's just too vanilla for me.

pdxindy wrote:It is a fairly plain synth... one layer is not exciting in terms of sound variety.

They did a great job on the layering system. Lush has quality sound but it's just too vanilla for me.
I apologize, I don't quite understand what you mean here, does it mean the sound is too simple or something?

Last edited by shonoob on Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

does't matter how vanilla it is, those filters and envelopes are pure joy.

Its a monster synth with 8 layers, but not my cup of tea.
I like the 4 layer Albino III better.

I actually sold my SH-101 in favor of keeping LUSH for it's Roland sound. I used Phoscyon for 303 for a time. Phoscyon has an emulation not as close as some other 303 clones, more on a melodic sweet side of a tone than true TB-303. I had Devastor, Drumazon and Nephaton but I think that I have now sold all of those in favor of AudioRealism. I have compared these for a long time to ABL Pro, ABL, DIVA, ACE, Synth Squad Strobe, Albino, Powercore 101 emulation, and a real SH-101. I found that Lush is very cool if you want SH-101 sound or retro monosynth in any form. Synth Squad's Strobe is along the same lines, cool and multi-core of a monosynth, but I am frustrated that I had to buy the whole 'Squad' and now I would have to pay to upgrade to get the new Strobe version.

Lush really is a great 101 emulation and indeed is cool as it claims with it's multi-layers! :)

I’d like to have more inserts for effects added on each layer. Other than that, I really like it. :)

Return to “Instruments”