PowerSynth in MXXX

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just started playing with this.
I'm playing my keyboard (track input in Reaper set to midi input) and getting sounds...great.
I see that MXXX 9.09 changelog says MIDI input enabled by default...is that for midi control and not to do with just playing sounds from my keyboard?
Would the usual practice be that if using midi input like this I would not be using audio input as well?
Is PowerSynth in MXXX a cut down version of MPowerSynth?

It is the full version except it has no modulators, multiparameters or Arp. However these are in MXXX so you actually get 16 instead of 8.

MPowerSynth doesn't have an audio input. The midi input can be turned on/off by right clicking the FX in the module. This allows you to send midi notes to the synth (playing your keyboard)
Midi control is located in the midi button at the bottom right of MXXX this allows you to make assignments to mod wheel, aftertouch etc.

Hope this helps.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Also while MPowerSynth doesn't have an audioinput modules like the vocoder and ringmodulator module does. So you could feed MIDI to a PowerSynth module and route incoming audio to for instance the vocoder. At least in Reaper you can, other less flexible hosts may not allow you to do so with such ease. For the vocoder you may wish to route PowerSynth to its "main" input and the external audio to be processed through its sidechain input.

It could look something like this, nevermind the deactivated ratio module - that's for something else to come into play from the sideline...
MXXX Vocoder - PowerSynth .png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks jmg8 and Gone soft, I think I'm starting to get it now!

Return to “MeldaProduction”