Reveal Sound Spire 1.1 Released (with cpu optimization)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1.1 renewed UI looks gorgeous

themachinelt wrote:1.1 renewed UI looks gorgeous
Plus one..... wished there was a 125% as well, but it looks gorgeous.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:
themachinelt wrote:1.1 renewed UI looks gorgeous
Plus one..... wished there was a 125% as well, but it looks gorgeous.
rsp
+1 ... looks great, 125% would be great
Bitwig Certified Trainer

looks/works great here (LX 10.2 on os x 10.11.2); def cpu usage is better, i can actually play pads that i couldn't before.
Last edited by fisherKing on Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
logic pro • sonoma • xkey 37 • eveaudio • 5bil plugins

https://upstatebrooklyn.com

Actually I am thinking they should have called this spire 2.....
if for no other reason, that you would have a spire 2 plugin, so when spire 1.2 comes out, they would do what? still have it named 1.1 OR name it 1.2?
rsp
sound sculptist

Just installed 1.1 and it looks great, but I've loaded up some of my presets and there is zippering on some Mod Wheel assignments and Aftertouch doesn't seem to work anymore, anyone else noticed this?

There's definitely some pops and clicks with the new version as has been posted here earlier. Not as bad as in the beta, but definitely there. Also, the LFO waveforms don't change when you're holding a note, so to make the new waveform selection to effect, you need to stop playing.

For the interested: I made a set with NKS files for Spire 1.1 to use in Komplete Kontrol and Maschine.
Topic over here.

zvenx wrote:Actually I am thinking they should have called this spire 2.....
if for no other reason, that you would have a spire 2 plugin, so when spire 1.2 comes out, they would do what? still have it named 1.1 OR name it 1.2?
rsp
Next "major" version will be 1.2 probably, next revision is 1.1.01 I guess, I hope Spire 2 will bring much more to the table, IMHO this update isn't enough "it" for it.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote:
rsp
Next "major" version will be 1.2 probably, next revision is 1.1.01 I guess, I hope Spire 2 will bring much more to the table, IMHO this update isn't enough "it" for it.
You clearly don't use Firefox :-).
lol
we are now at v42 this week.
a rose is a rose by any other name, just believe the 2 will save issues in the end, or do you imagine we will have a spire, spire 1.1, spire 1.2, spire 1.3 all coexisting as plugins?
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:
Zexila wrote:
rsp
You clearly don't use Firefox :-).
lol
we are now at v42 this week.
a rose is a rose by any other name, just believe the 2 will save issues in the end, or do you imagine we will have a spire, spire 1.1, spire 1.2, spire 1.3 all coexisting as plugins?
rsp
I use SeaMonkey 2.38 :)

I hope they will fix this and 1.1 just overwrites 1.0.20, also 1.2, 1.3 or any other Spire 1 version, IMHO, Spire 2 should be separate product which gains new major upgrades and separate soundbanks, just like Dune 2.

This was obviously rushed release because of BF and hope everything get's sorted in next 1.1.01 update. :hug:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Spire is way too buggy. 1.1 is a disaster for me. Only VST (and I've tried way too many, with 0 problems) that require fixed size buffers and other workarounds to work decently on FL Studio. Back to 1.020. Kind of regretting the purchase :?

Zexila wrote:........
I hope they will fix this and 1.1 just overwrites 1.0.20, also 1.2, 1.3 or any other Spire 1 version, IMHO, Spire 2 should be separate product which gains new major upgrades and separate soundbanks, just like Dune 2.

This was obviously rushed release because of BF and hope everything get's sorted in next 1.1.01 update. :hug:
Hi, I don't think it can be fixed now. Because with the new plugin ID any new project someone does with Spire 1.1, if it is indeed 'fixed' in 1.1.01, the project will still be looking for a plugin with the new plugin ID.
I actually don't' like the approach of Dune tbh. to each their own. I much prefer the spectrasonics and others approach.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:
Zexila wrote:........

Hi, I don't think it can be fixed now. Because with the new plugin ID any new project someone does with Spire 1.1, if it is indeed 'fixed' in 1.1.01, the project will still be looking for a plugin with the new plugin ID.
I actually don't' like the approach of Dune tbh. to each their own. I much prefer the spectrasonics and others approach.
rsp
It's Sunday, mistake is in naming, so it's not that hard to fix, I fixed it for myself renaming .dll, Mac folks can't as confirmed, it's not big of a deal, I think the reason they did it is because beta was labeled differently and they overlooked it in the BF release rush, but honestly, there are more people relying on keeping compatibility with older projects, than the ones that made something with new one in 2 days, I doubt they will side with second just becuase they need to change plugin name in new update.

Well, personally, if they are going to break compatibility, I wish it's more than this, just that.

Wow, this is a very happy day! I'm very impressed with the update and the fact they labelled it a .1 update :D I think this bodes well for the plugin and what the developers have in store for it :)
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Instruments”