Kontakt 5 Black Friday?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is a pretty solid factory library, but yes, I would say you'd be looking at expansions to get the fullest experience. How much that is going to cost you all depends on what sort of libraries you're after. A good guitar library is going to set you back another $100 or so (you can go cheaper). Orchestral stuff is the most expensive and there's a lot of interesting synth stuff you can get pretty cheaply. There are plenty of sales happening at different times of the year though. That's when I unleash my wallet.

Cpu usage is very good, but it can depend on the individual library and how well its gui is optimized. The only one that's ever given me problems is Morphestra Generations from Sample Logic. Otherwise, I have tons of instances running with no issues.

CPU usage depends on the size of the library. Some libraries are more deeply sampled than others (Spitfire, 8Dio), some are designed to be lightweight and streamlined (CineSamples CineSymphony Lite).

You purchase (or acquire free) instruments based on what you need or want. Need an oboe? Someone makes one. Need a washboard? Here's one for $14. Etc etc. Kontakt opens up a world of instruments and sounds for you. But it can also be a bit of a money pit if you have really bad GAS. ;)

Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

shonoob wrote:Hey guys, seeing as Kontakt 5 is $199.50 right now, and this being the cheapest I've seen it in awhile, I have to ask... Is Kontakt 5 worth it? I don't currently have a sampler based instrument in my arsenal, I mainly use Xfer Serum right now but wouldn't mind expanding my library for something more natural or 'instrumental'.

Please encourage or discourage me towards purchasing Kontakt 5! What do you guys think!? :help: :tu: :phones: :dog:

ThankS!!! :D :tu: :phones: :party: :hug:
I'd grab a cheap Kontakt basically only for some cheap upgrade path to ultimate. So if you want an overwhelming amount of sounds n stuff.. Go for it :D Nothing you'd need propably but the sound is miles better than any freeware soundfonts. I don't need it but I still love it :D

shonoob wrote:
musikmachine wrote:
shonoob wrote:
musikmachine wrote:You can but it's a full fledged sampler under the hood. What kinda sampled instruments do you want? I upgraded to K10 mainly for Kontakt but tbh i hardly ever use it!
Wow...! lol, that is quite an investment.

To answer your question, I love the idea of having a diverse library with many different sounds, and I also want sounds derived from actual instruments, however my main interest is in guitar sounds.

I have a follow up question, which might require its own thread but; I am also looking at Guitar Rig 5, as it is also on sale... How would Guitar Rig 5 sound on something like a Saw Wave synth sound? Will its 'amp's' add a similar distortion to a synth as it would a guitar etc.?

If so, I might pass on Kontakt and buy Guitar Rig 5. So many choices.. :dog: :dog: :dog:

Thanks!! :tu: :D :hug:
I bought the crossgrade in an NI sale. I was mainly interested in Kontakt cause i didn't have a sampler and it's regarded as the standard so it wasn't just for that.

It's quite a deep sampler and there's a learning curve with scripting if you want to build your own instruments but yeah there are lots of 3rd part libs for it, can't help you with guitars though.
What kind of libraries are there if you wouldnt mind noting some?
Mate it's vast, everything you could conceive of. Check out Wave Alchemy and Sonicfaction for dance/electronic oriented stuff: http://sonicfaction.com/product-categor ... m/kontakt/
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”