T6 - export MIDI

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

how do you make an correct export midi?

thanks

I went to look for you an I realized I don't no longer see midi export it was in the midi clip properties in older version this issues would need a bug request because I defendly see the reason in needing midi exports but it just so happens I haven't been needing to export no midi from Tracktion I only been importing midi time to time because Tracktion is my main DAW so I am never exporting out of Tracktion to work in another DAW unless I am going to Master in Pro tool

Select track(s). Click the Export button. Choose Render to a file... and then select MIDI File as the Format option.

:tu:
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

... and, MOST importantly, disable the "pass through filters" - or all the MIDI note events are swallowed up by the VST before rendering.

Plus, it looks like patch numbers go through; so if you use "standard" patch numbers (i.e. 1 for piano, etc) you can simply play it by double clicking within windows.
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Ok,

but when i select my tracks, and export to a file. I read the midi file with another soft and i see one midi track with all the notes mix up.

I must import each tracktion midi tracks into another DAW (studio one).

regards

Select 'render each track to a separate file'.

It seems that Tracktion is rendering MIDI always as a pseudo Type1 format file, where all the notes end up in track 1. Track 0 is the control track with timing info (as it should be). It's technically a valid Type 1 format file, but not in spirit. I would classify that at least as a "mis-feature" and IMHO t would warrant a bug report / feature request.

If you want a Type 1 format MIDI file, where each DAW track is on it's own MIDI file track, you can use a workaround, but it only works for up to 16 tracks. Make sure that the MIDI items in each track have their own MIDI channel and then export to MIDI without selecting "Render Each Track to a Separate File". Then open the file in an external MIDI editor, which supports separating tracks by MIDI channel and save the converted file there. You could for example use MidiQuickFix: http://midiquickfix.sourceforge.net/.

Return to “Tracktion”