Wanna talk GlitchMachines?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Everything everyone is saying is right on the money.
I would sum them up by saying that they make sounds interesting enough to make it worth dealing with their GUIs. :hihi:

I think they are not achieving full potential due to GUI design/focus.
Its not easy to get the 'gist' of them by sight. The fonts are bad, and small, and sometimes unclear in their description. They really encourage the dive-in-knob-twiddling type of use...
Which contributes to this;
Neon Breath wrote:Aren't they all sound pretty much the same though? No dissing here, don't get me wrong. It's just that each time a see & try a new plugin from them, they sound like all the previous ones.
Which I have also found myself thinking.
I dont think that is actually the case, but without a clear view of what the tool is 'supposed' to do, an fsu tool will turn to soup pretty easy.

I wouldnt hate it if they started creating smaller more focused plugs with limited feature sets.
ImageImageImageImage

Hey, very nice to hear from you all, appreciate the input.

Alright, just been playing around with a couple of em' and I must concur here...awesome computerized sound manipulation, but very awkward font system...and to me, that is quite important. Thin weak fonts are just not cool. I mean, "like totally man"... :hihi:

If you guys are interested, consider this - awhile back I brought up the issue of fonts on the MuTools forum...my position was that parts of MuLab had thin weak fonts...and several other users agreed, and guess what? Jo, the developer, being the cool dude that he is, began working on improving the whole font structure, for some future version of the app. Because he cares about his customers. And I'm like, "hey, pretty cool. thank you!!!"

As I said earlier, because the sound technology is really good nowadays, the GUI moves to center stage. I think some of you guys would likely agree with me...I have read alot of comments on forum threads about "the user experience" type of thing...the industry continues to evolve, and feedback from users is what will help give us better GUI's...I hope!!!

Bought Cryogen <3

Lejurai wrote:Bought Cryogen <3
Just bought Polygon. Man, what a beautiful beast. :love:

Looks like my kind of sounds. Thank you aMUSED.

highkoo wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:Aren't they all sound pretty much the same though? No dissing here, don't get me wrong. It's just that each time a see & try a new plugin from them, they sound like all the previous ones.
Which I have also found myself thinking.
I dont think that is actually the case, but without a clear view of what the tool is 'supposed' to do, an fsu tool will turn to soup pretty easy.

I wouldnt hate it if they started creating smaller more focused plugs with limited feature sets.
The sound demos are particularly poor here. Amazing, slickly produced tracks that are absolutely top-tier in terms of sound design, but I couldn't tell you which track was demonstrating which plug-in if I listened blind (except Quadrant).

I have 3 of them (Cataract, Polygon, and Cryogen) and I do think they're strong tools at a good price. There feels like a slight narrowness of vision with them though. It's quite difficult to abuse them in unexpected ways, which is quite difficult to reconcile with the origins of the glitch aesthetic. For instance, Polygon is my favourite of the three and it should be the most ludicrously powerful monophonic sampler out there, but workflow niggles and a few missing features make it tough to use outside of the 'prescribed' spot effect machine it's sold as. Or the buffer size can't be synced to tempo in Cryogen - loads of little things...

I'd still recommend them as they are though. Especially at the generous pricing the company offer (even outside of sales!)

Ridan wrote:Looks like my kind of sounds. Thank you aMUSED.
Also did some for Fracture which is my favourite of their fx

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... d#p5732902

aMUSEd wrote:
Ridan wrote:Looks like my kind of sounds. Thank you aMUSED.
Also did some for Fracture which is my favourite of their fx

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... d#p5732902
I like Fracture, but not really "in like" with it. Maybe I'm missing something? Will give it some more goes this year though.

Ridan wrote:
Lejurai wrote:Bought Cryogen <3
Just bought Polygon. Man, what a beautiful beast. :love:
It's awesome :tu: I mostly use it (currently) on making risers.

cron wrote:I have 3 of them (Cataract, Polygon, and Cryogen)
I'm only missing Subvert, but soon.. soon.. :love:

Return to “Effects”