Looking for a specific time-based audio Noise Gate plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I already have. See my above post.

The important thing is the system configuration, or compiling an AU, or using an AU wrapper to wrap a VST.

The internals are extremely simple.

I could just do it as a VST and wrap the AU myself, but I know I'd spend at least six hours setting up the xcode project and mucking with things, then it likely wouldn't work on that system, then so on and so forth. I waste enough time on KVR already :)

Waste time learning to code and then find out it doesn't work in configuration X? Welcome to my life!
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

o you *do* want to use the threshold still so you are still looking for threshold dependant gating..
No. The actual 'gating' (when the gate closes) should no longer depend on the threshold. I've tried to explain it a few times already.

wouldn't that mean it might just trigger sometimes when you don't want it too though?
Exactly. This is the current issue with normal Noise Gates. Like I've illustrated before, the multi-velocity signal being sampled (for each key) causes the gate to react in different ways. And I can not re-set the threshold in the Noise Gate plugin for each velocity layer after the sampling process is started by the Auto Sampler.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

With luck, I might have an AU plugin soon. Somebody's working on it. :-)

aciddose wrote:I already have. See my above post.

The important thing is the system configuration, or compiling an AU, or using an AU wrapper to wrap a VST.

The internals are extremely simple.

I could just do it as a VST and wrap the AU myself, but I know I'd spend at least six hours setting up the xcode project and mucking with things, then it likely wouldn't work on that system, then so on and so forth. I waste enough time on KVR already :)

Waste time learning to code and then find out it doesn't work in configuration X? Welcome to my life!

ok then well perhaps you could work out an hourly rate between you two and it could be an exclusive plugin for himalaya, or you could then make it donationware and charge him a bit less. I mean it's up to you guys but obviously you can do it. A vst is not an issue as he can use it in metaplugin/patchworx/mb-7.

;)

himalaya wrote:With luck, I might have an AU plugin soon. Somebody's working on it. :-)
oh wow ok, congrats!

Well a VST I could do in possibly an hour or two... I just think he'd be better off with someone working on the project who is actually interested in it.

When you've been working seven days a week, ~sixteen hours per day on code like this you get a bit burnt out.

The part I posted is the fun part.

The other 90% is fighting ^$!@ing horrible tools like xcode and the AU format, doing boring data-entry tasks to get things set up and having to repeat it all over again for a trivial bug or configuration issue.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.

I agree.

At some point you have to be rational and realise that using ableton live works better than a round the houses elastiplast fix taking much more effort than is sane to get something to work in Mainstage!
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

djscorb wrote:I agree.

At some point you have to be rational and realise that using ableton live works better than a round the houses elastiplast fix taking much more effort than is sane to get something to work in Mainstage!
Exactly, this is a feature us Live users utilize all the time, and takes about two seconds to setup, sit back and watch your sample get split and mapped.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

The last time I used Live was back in 2007 when I did loads of factory sounds for Ableton, both for the Sampler and many of the 'Suite' synths...so I can't remember now how the Sampler handles multi-velocity sampling, but even then, after the sample is done, I need to convert it to SFZ and I don't see an option for Live's Sampler in Chicken System's Translator. I also can't remember if Extreme Sample Converter on my PC has this option. So like with anything, there are bigger implications to such complex jobs.

And all this hassle because the AutoSamapler ignores the sample sustain value. I set it to 7 seconds, but it continues to sample for much, much longer, until the sample decays to zero....I don't understand this parameter at all.

It may be a hold parameter, does it continue to sample for a minimum of 7 seconds after the input goes silent?

Another possibility is that sustain = release.

Couldn't hurt to read the manual.

Return to “Effects”