UVI Digital Synsations (SY77, M1, VFX, D50), free with Korg controllers

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Digital Synsations

syncII wrote:As you would expect, Korg Legacy M1 is light years above the very limited UVI sampled DS1 version.
Yeah, I actually thought Digital Synsations was a weird one to include for this reason.

Uncle E wrote:Yeah, I actually thought Digital Synsations was a weird one to include for this reason.
I think the odd one out in the new bigger package is Reason Limited

Why do Korg include lots of great VST's like the M1 LE (M1, Wavestation et al if you get the big Microkey), the AAS and UVI plugs, and then a DAW that you can't load them in :lol:

Uncle E wrote:
kbaccki wrote:All minikey devices suck, IMO...
Try the QuNexus.
Well, OK, now we're talking in the $150 and up range… I guess I should qualify that as "all toylike $50-$100 mini key devices suck"… and really I'm just talking about the concept of a miniature keyboard compared to a real size keyboard… like stick me in the eye with a stick, please… I am interested in trying a qunexus, they look pretty cool...
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Uncle E wrote:
syncII wrote:As you would expect, Korg Legacy M1 is light years above the very limited UVI sampled DS1 version.
Yeah, I actually thought Digital Synsations was a weird one to include for this reason.
I think with all the 50% off sales and freebies (mello which I got for free, the Korg promo, etc.) UVI is just trying to drum up business. Of the few UVI libs I do have I think they sound pretty good, and there are a couple more I'm interested in, esp. if they go on sale again (though I'm sure I missed them being on sale in recent months)… I think they would do themselves a favor if they cut their prices a bit permanently… I mean $300 for an electric grand is a big horse pill, I don't care how good it sounds… esp. considering I just need it to sit in a mix, so beefing up a much cheaper solution with delay, chorus, and verb is generally good enough. I mean, how complex is a CP70 sample anyway? I guess if you're doing a remake of This is Your Song you need the best sample you can get… :lol:
You need to limit that rez, bro.

kbaccki wrote:I mean $300 for an electric grand is a big horse pill, I don't care how good it sounds… esp. considering I just need it to sit in a mix, so beefing up a much cheaper solution with delay, chorus, and verb is generally good enough. I mean, how complex is a CP70 sample anyway? I guess if you're doing a remake of This is Your Song you need the best sample you can get… :lol:
FWIW, I think it's the only prepared electric grand piano library ever made. So, if you want the sound of a CP70 played with a bow, ebow, plectrum, brush, or finger, it's your only option.

Back on topic, the surprising thing about Digital Synsations being included free is that it's actually one of the most popular UVI products we sell. This entire Korg bundle an incredibly wide range of sounds by any measure, certainly the best that comes with any controller on the market.

Sorry for my very stupid question but would it be possible to connect the usb controller directly with the usb port of a sound module (Radias in my case). I guess not, right?

ZINO wrote:Sorry for my very stupid question but would it be possible to connect the usb controller directly with the usb port of a sound module (Radias in my case). I guess not, right?
I've asked such a question before, and the answer I got was no. The USB controller need power to run on, and the module can't offer that. You need a USB controller that got its own power supply to be able to use it with a sound module

It took a week, but the Korg distributor in Norway sorted me out with a bundle code today. Big thanks to them :tu: :party:

I just discovered this tonight, I was put off having to install ilok but ok. I installed Reason Limited the other day, and the UA-2 freebie. I gotta say, Korg brings the love.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

....and I have it installed and it is freaking lovely. This fills the gaps in my setup nicely :D and the UVI arpeggiator is really nice. The synth editing is spartan, not a lot of features to get lost in with the UVI engine, and they are even worse than Sampletank when it comes to making automation parameters open to Studio One, but that's ok. It really is beautiful. The sounds are inspiring and will work great for soundtrack stuff I'm working on. I'm still shocked this was free.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Shame that EZDrummer Lite was listed on the flyer that came with my Korg MicroKeys, but is actually no longer available. That minor gripe aside, this is a very generous offering from Korg.

Regarding UVI's Digital Synsations included in the free downloads, I love it! I find the UVI Workstation to be more stable and easier to get around than Kontakt. I was impressed enough to buy SweepMachines too.

MogwaiBoy wrote:Shame that EZDrummer Lite was listed on the flyer that came with my Korg MicroKeys, but is actually no longer available. That minor gripe aside, this is a very generous offering from Korg.

Regarding UVI's Digital Synsations included in the free downloads, I love it! I find the UVI Workstation to be more stable and easier to get around than Kontakt. I was impressed enough to buy SweepMachines too.
Check again, it is listed for me, I bought my nano in 2012.

braj wrote: Check again, it is listed for me, I bought my nano in 2012.
I don't see EZDrummer Lite included anymore...
http://www.korg-license-center.com/

"EZdrummer Lite is discontinued and is no longer available (as of May 6th, 2014)"
https://www.toontrack.com/faq/what-is-e ... -i-get-it/

That's weird, when I enter my condition is there. Looked at it twice just yesterday.

Maybe they've added it back in just for Korg customers? I'm going to have to check again. I don't have EZDrummer and the Lite version would be neat to have - it was disappointing to see it listed on the Korg free download bundle ticket in the box, only to find it's not there online.

Still the downloads are very generous, especially Digital Synsations and Lounge Lizard Session.

Return to “Instruments”